- The Buccaneers defense generated takeaways on each of its first three possessions to begin the 2021 preseason opener. On the Buccaneers first defensive drive, LB Lavonte David forced and recovered a fumble by Bengals HB Samaje Perine. Tampa Bay then generated a second takeaway on the next Bengals possession, as rookie LB K.J. Britt recovered a fumble forced by CB Antonio Hamilton. The back-to-back fumble recoveries were followed by an interception from S Javon Hagan on Bengals QB Brandon Allen.
- In addition to the interception, Hagan led the team with three tackles for loss, while finishing tied for second on the team with his six tackles. CB Antonio Hamilton recorded a team-high seven tackles for the Buccaneers.
- With 11:52 remaining in the fourth quarter, LB Joseph Jones returned an interception 15 yards for a touchdown, hauling in the defense’s fourth and final takeaway of the night.
- On the offensive side of the ball, Tampa Bay’s first touchdown of the 2021 preseason came on a 2-yard rush from second-year RB Ke’Shawn Vaughn, capping off a 15-play, 79-yard drive for the Buccaneers offense in the opening quarter. Vaughn finished as the team’s leading rusher with 27 yards and a touchdown.
- QB Blaine Gabbert, who led the team’s first-quarter touchdown drive, completed 6-of-11 passes for a team-high 64 passing yards.
- TE Tanner Hudson led the team with four receptions for 48 yards.
(Courtesy of the Buccaneers Communications Department.)