The Bucs won their first post season game since the 2002 Super Bowl winning season. They beat the Washington Football Team, 31-23, advancing them to the Divisional Round. Since the Rams beat the Seahawks, they become the lowest seed to face the No. 1 seeded Packers. Whereas the Bucs face their division rival, the New Orleans Saints, who have already beaten them twice this season.
The Bucs appear to have their communication, offensive balance, and player focus peaking at the right time.
We’re heading into the Divisional Round. Four games, eight teams, all fighting to make it into the conference championship round and on to the Super Bowl. Regardless of anything that has happened prior, this is a whole new level of football. If there was a such thing as an accidental playoff entry, that’s been cleared off the table now.
This is the week we’ve all been waiting for.
Subscribe to the Bucs Nation Podcast channel on your favorite podcast platform. You’ll get great content including the Commissioner’s Corner fantasy football show, as well as the North & South Podcast, which I co-host along with Evan Winter.
This week my special guest is a writer and analyst for NBC’s RotoWorld, the popular Fantasy Footballers, as well as Fantasy Pros. Very excited to have Lauren Carpenter join the show to preview our Divisional Round as we continue our Playoff Challenge series. You can still register and play at playoffchallenge.fantasy.nfl.com. Register, select your players, and you can win a trip to next year’s Super Bowl, courtesy of nfl.com. It’s important to note that this contest is not sponsored by nor in cooperation with SB Nation or any of their affiliates.
Here’s what you can expect in this week’s episode:
- Fantasy preview of the Divisional Round between Tampa Bay at New Orleans - This is the third meeting between the two teams in the same season. Both times the Saints beat the Bucs. We talk about what it will take for the Bucs to pull out a win.
- “Loser’s Lounge” Recap - Six teams didn’t make it past the Wild Card round, so Lauren and I recap those key players that you may have played. Some surprise performances despite the loss.
- Divisional Round preview - We’re previewing the games ahead for this weekend. Green Bay and Kansas City come out of their bye week to play the Los Angeles Rams and Cleveland Browns respectively. Tampa Bay heads to New Orleans looking for redemption, and Baltimore attempts to upset the Buffalo Bills.
- Sleepers and Keepers - Check out our favorite sleepers for the upcoming week. We also project our top player of the week. Multiplier bonuses are in full effect and mean more now than last week.
- “2-Minute Drill” - Division Round Edition. I put Lauren on the clock with 5 fantasy picks, and she lays it out with no problem. We finish off the episode with our own playoff predictions. Who does Lauren have going to the Super Bowl?
Leave us a comment below and tell us what you think. Your feedback will help improve content in upcoming shows, and it’s always great to interact with everyone. Leave us a review on your favorite podcast streaming service, especially if you’re on Apple or Spotify.
Until next week fantasy owners, wave your flags high and “Fire the Cannons!”