- On the Panthers’ first possession of the game, Buccaneers S Jordan Whitehead generated Tampa Bay’s first turnover of the season, recording his second career interception after picking off Panthers QB Teddy Bridgewater at the Buccaneers 22-yard line.
- Following the takeaway, the Buccaneers offense went 81 yards on 10 plays to score the game’s first touchdown – a seven-yard rush by Ronald Jones II. The touchdown marked the eighth of Jones’ career and his first of 2020.
- The Buccaneers defense recorded another takeaway on the team’s second drive, as S Antoine Winfield Jr. recorded the first sack and forced fumble of his NFL career. He finished second on the team with 11 tackles – the first double-digit tackle game of his career. The fumble forced by Winfield Jr. was scooped up by OLB Jason Pierre-Paul, who returned it seven yards. It was the ninth-career opponent fumble recovery for Pierre-Paul.
- Starting the drive on Carolina’s 23-yard line following the fumble recovery, QB Tom Brady connected with WR Mike Evans for a 23-yard touchdown. The touchdown was the 50th receiving touchdown of Evans’ career. His 50 touchdowns are the most in Buccaneers franchise history. He also became the ninth-youngest player to reach the 50-receiving touchdown milestone in NFL history at 27 years and 30 days old.
MOST TOUCHDOWN RECEPTIONS SINCE 2014 (Through 1 p.m. games on Sunday)
Rank Player (Current Team) Rec. TD
1. Antonio Brown (Free Agent) 60
2. DeAndre Hopkins (HOU) 52
3. Mike Evans (TB) 50
4. Odell Beckham Jr. (CLE) 49
5. Davante Adams (GB) 46
- Evans recorded 91 first-half receiving yards – the fifth-most receiving yards he has totaled in a first half of his career. He finished with a team-high seven receptions for 104 yards and one touchdown. His 25 games with 100-or-more receiving yards are the fifth-most in the NFL since he entered the league in 2014.
MOST 100-YARD RECEIVING GAMES 2014-20 (Through 1 p.m. games on Sunday)
Rank Player (Current Team) 100-Yard Games
1. Julio Jones (ATL) 44
2. Antonio Brown (Free Agent) 34
3. DeAndre Hopkins (ARI) 30
4. Odell Beckham Jr. (CLE) 26
5. Mike Evans (TB) 25
- With 2:24 remaining in the opening quarter, DL Ndamukong Suh recorded his first sack of the season, dropping Teddy Bridgewater for a seven-yard loss in the first quarter before tallying another sack in the fourth quarter. He now has 60.5 sacks in his career – the third-most by a defensive tackle since entering the league in 2010. It was his sixth-career game with 2.0-or-more sacks.
MOST DT SACKS 2010-20 (Through 1 p.m. games on Sunday)
Rank Player (Current Team) Sacks
1. Geno Atkins (CIN) 75.5
2. Aaron Donald (LAR) 72.0
3. Ndamukong Suh (TB) 60.5
4. Gerald McCoy (Free Agent) 59.5
5. Jurrell Casey (DEN) 51.0
- On the final play of the first half, Pierre-Paul brought down Panthers QB Teddy Bridgewater for six-yard sack. Pierre-Paul has 2.0 sacks on the season, 23.0 with the Buccaneers and 81.5 in his NFL career. His 23.0 sacks surpassed Santana Dotson for the 13th-most in franchise history. Pierre-Paul has now recorded a sack in four-consecutive games dating back to the 2019 season, tying for the fourth-longest such streak since sacks became an official statistic in 1982. He has recorded at least a half-sack in four-straight games six different times throughout his career.
MOST CONSECUTIVE GAMES WITH A SACK – TEAM HISTORY (SINCE 1982)
Rank Player (Dates) Streak
1. Simeon Rice (10/20/02-12/1/02) 6
2. Jason Pierre-Paul (9/16/18-10/28/18) 6
3. Simeon Rice (12/2/01-12/29/01) 5
4t. Jason Pierre-Paul (12/21/19-Present) 4
4t. 14 Others Tied 4
- ILB Lavonte David punched the ball away from Robby Anderson to begin the second half, recovering the fumble, as well. He leads all NFL players with 15 opponent fumble recoveries since 2012. He also ranks tied for fifth with 22 forced fumbles since 2012.
MOST FUMBLE RECOVERIES SINCE 2012 (Through 1 p.m. games on Sunday)
Rank Player (Current Team) Opp. FR
1. Lavonte David (TB) 15
2. J.J. Watt (HOU) 13
3. Julius Peppers (Retired) 12
4. Fletcher Cox (PHI) 11
5t. Justin Houston (HOU) 10
5t. Mike Adams (Retired) 10
MOST FORCED FUMBLES SINCE 2012 (Through 1 p.m. games on Sunday)
Rank Player (Current Team) Opp. FR
1. Chandler Jones (ARI) 27
2. Robert Quinn (CHI) 25
3t. Von Miller (DEN) 23
3t. J.J. Watt (HOU) 23
5t. Lavonte David (TB) 22
5t. Ryan Kerrigan (WAS) 22
- David started his 123rd game for the Buccaneers, tying Gerald McCoy for the eighth-most starts in franchise history.
- DL William Gholston recorded his first sack of the season with 11:02 remaining in the game. He now has 13.0 sacks in his career.
- Following Gholston’s sack, CB Carlton Davis III picked off Bridgewater to secure his first interception in 2020 and the second of his career.
- ILB Devin White lead the team with 15 tackles. He has recorded 10-or-more tackles in back-to-back games for the first time in his career. He’s the first Buccaneers player with consecutive games of 10+ tackles since Lavonte David did it three-straight games in 2018 (12/2/18-12/16/18). White has four games with 10-or-more tackles in his first 15 career NFL appearances.
- RB Leonard Fournette led the team on the ground with 12 carries for 103 yards and two touchdowns. His second touchdown was a 46-yard run in the fourth quarter to put the Buccaneers ahead 31-17. It was the fourth multi-touchdown performance of Fournette’s career.
- The Buccaneers had four takeaways in the win over the Panthers and are now 4-0 in games with three-or-more takeaways under Head Coach Bruce Arians dating back to 2019.
(Courtesy of the Buccaneers Communications Department.)