The 2020 fantasy football season is just about completed. We’re heading into the final game of the regular season. Although there may be some NFL teams with plans to rest their starters, there are some of you still fighting to win their fantasy championship this week. My recommendation is........get your Commissioner to change the format to end the week prior.
This has been a season that we will never forget. It’s a season that many of us thought would even be possible, but they did it. The NFL made it possible and we got through it. Through opt outs, injuries and player under performance we all managed to make it to the finish line.
Subscribe to the Bucs Nation Podcast channel on your favorite podcast platform. You’ll get great content including the Commissioner’s Corner Fantasy Football podcast, as well as the North & South Podcast, which I co-host along with Evan Winter.
This week I’m joined by fantasy wiz-kid, Nick Pursglove. He’s notched 14 championships in his bed post, with 18 additional top 3 finishes. He’s been playing fantasy football for over 15 years, owning 42 teams along the way.
Here’s what you can expect in this week’s episode:
- Fantasy preview of the week 17 action between the Buccaneers vs. Falcons - We take a look at how this one will play out. We both expect Brady to have another big game. If RoJo plays, he should have a strong half at least. Evans breaks records and they fine tune the game to get ready for their playoff run.
- Championship Starter Recap - Nick and I take a look at the Championship Round starters in one of our fantasy leagues. Who helped get them there, and how well did they do. Some up and down performances but one thing is for sure, it was a very good time to have Alvin Kamara.
- Start ‘em or Sit ‘em recap across the league - We recapped our starters from last week’s episode and previewed whether we think they are a start or a sit in week 17.
- Sleepers and Keepers - Check out our favorite sleepers for the upcoming week. We also project our top performer of the week. Injuries in Los Angeles may bode well for Nick’s sleeper. I’m sticking with Kay Adams’ favorite sleeper pick. We’re both thinking big with our favorite players of the week.
- “2-Minute Drill” - Week 17 Edition. I put Nick on the clock with 5 fantasy picks. he knocked ‘em out with no issues.
Leave us a comment below and tell us what you think. Your feedback will help improve content in upcoming shows, and it’s always great to interact with you all. Leave us a review on your favorite podcast streaming service, especially if you’re on Apple or Spotify.
Until next week fantasy owners, wave your flags high and “Fire the Cannons!”