- The first points of the game for Tampa Bay came off of a Jamel Dean interception, which he returned 32 yards for a touchdown. It was the first defensive touchdown of Dean’s career and his third career interception.
- Three plays from scrimmage later, S Mike Edwards picked off Packers QB Aaron Rodgers, returning it 39 yards to the Packers’ two-yard line. The interception was Edwards’ second of the season and second of his career. The Buccaneers rank tied for second in interceptions this season through the league’s 4 p.m. games on Sunday.
NFL TEAM INTERCEPTION LEADERS – 2020 SEASON
Rank Team INT
1. Indianapolis Colts 10
2t. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 8
2t. Pittsburgh Steelers 8
4t. Seattle Seahawks 7
4t. Washington Football Team 7
- Following Edwards’ takeaway, RB Ronald Jones II ran it in for a two-yard touchdown. He added another score with 2:40 remaining in the third quarter, marking the first multi-touchdown performance of his NFL career. Jones finished with 23 carries for 113 yards (4.91). He went over 100 yards rushing for the third-consecutive game, becoming just the fourth player in team history to accomplish that feat along with Doug Martin (2015), Cadillac Williams (2005) and James Wilder (1984-85).
- Over his last three games, Jones has rushed 60 times for 330 yards (5.5 average) and two touchdowns.
- With 4:35 remaining in the first half, the Buccaneers tacked on another touchdown as QB Tom Brady hit WR Tyler Johnson for his first career touchdown reception, a seven-yard score.
- On the last scoring drive of the second quarter, Tom Brady hit TE Rob Gronkowski for a touchdown for the 79th time in their careers, and the first time with Tampa Bay. The 79 touchdowns from Brady to Gronkowski match Dan Marino & Mark Clayton (79) for the fourth-most touchdown connections by a pairing in NFL history.
- Including the postseason, Brady and Gronkowski have connected for 91 touchdowns, the third-most in NFL history, passing Philip Rivers and Antonio Gates (90). Only Peyton Manning and Marvin Harrison (114) and Steve Young and Jerry Rice (92) have more.
- Brady completed 17-of-27 passes for 166 yards and two touchdowns in the game. He has 14 passing touchdowns through Week 6 – the most passing touchdowns through six games in team history.
MOST PASSING TOUCHDOWNS THROUGH SIX GAMES – TEAM HISTORY
Rank Player (Season) TD
1t. Tom Brady (2020) 14
2. Brad Johnson (2003) 13
3t. Jameis Winston (2019) 12
3t. Jameis Winston (2016) 12
5t. Ryan Fitzpatrick (2018) 11
5t. Josh Freeman (2012) 11
- Tampa Bay’s 28 second-quarter points marked the most points scored in a single quarter in franchise history.
MOST POINTS SCORED IN A QUARTER – TEAM HISTORY
Rank Opponent, Date (Quarter) Points
1. vs. Green Bay, 10/18/20 (2nd) 28
2. at Arizona, 10/15/17 (4th) 27
3t. at Los Angeles Rams, 9/29/19 (4th) 24
3t. vs. Chicago, 12/22/96 (2nd) 24
3t. vs. Green Bay, 11/22/81 (2nd) 24
- The Buccaneers defense recorded 5.0 sacks in the game vs. Green Bay, marking the third time this season Tampa Bay has notched at least 5.0 sacks in a game. ILB Lavonte David and OLB Jason Pierre-Paul tied for the team lead with 1.5 sacks each, while ILB Devin White and DL Ndamukong Suh each recorded 1.0. As a defense, Tampa ranks tied for second in the NFL with 22.0 sacks in 2020 through the league’s 4 p.m. games on Sunday.
NFL TEAM SACK LEADERS – 2020 SEASON
Rank Team Sacks
1. Pittsburgh Steelers 24.0
2t. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 22.0
2t. Baltimore Ravens 22.0
4. Philadelphia Eagles 21.0
5. Los Angeles Rams 20.0
- White led the team with 10 tackles and a career-high three tackles for loss, in addition to his sack, while David added eight tackles (two for loss) and a pair of quarterback hits in addition to his 1.5 sacks. Pierre-Paul and DL William Gholston tied for the team lead with three quarterback hits each, and Pierre-Paul forced a fumble, his third of the season and the 19th of his NFL career.
- CB Carlton Davis III led the team with four passes defensed, marking his ninth-career game with multiple passes defensed. He is one of just five players in the NFL to notch four-or-more passes defensed in a single game in 2020, joining teammate Jamel Dean (Week 5), as well as James Bradberry, Rashad Fenton and Sidney Jones.
- The Buccaneers have 48 points scored following takeaways this season – tied for the fourth-most in the NFL this season.
MOST POINTS OFF TAKEAWAYS – 2020 SEASON
Rank Team Points
1. Seattle Seahawks 56
2. Baltimore Ravens 55
3. Cleveland Browns 52
4t. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 48
4t. Pittsburgh Steelers 48
- The Buccaneers defense held the Packers to 94 net yards rushing – their 12th-consecutive game of holding their opponent to fewer than 100 rushing yards, which extends the franchise record and is the longest-such streak in the NFL since Minnesota in 2006 (13).
- Tampa Bay held Green Bay to 107 net passing yards, the fewest allowed by a Buccaneers defense since 2017 (77 at Green Bay, 12/3/17).
- Tampa Bay did not commit a penalty in the game, marking just the second game in team history without a single penalty by the Buccaneers (at Detroit, 12/18/83).
- After trailing 10-0 in the first quarter, the Buccaneers responded with 38 unanswered points, marking the second-most in team history behind only a 41-0 shutout win over the Bears on 9/10/2000.
(Courtesy of the Buccaneers Communications Department.)