BUCCANEERS POSTGAME NOTES
- The Buccaneers scored 55 points as a team – the most points ever scored by Tampa Bay in a single game in team history. The previous high was 48 points, accomplished four times, most recently at New Orleans on 9/9/18.
- RB Peyton Barber capped off the opening drive of the game with a three-yard touchdown run, ending an eight-play, 60-yard drive with a three-yard touchdown run. Barber has two touchdowns on the season and 11 in his career.
- S Jordan Whitehead recorded his first career interception in the second quarter, returning it 11 yards. OLB Shaquil Barrett hit Rams QB Jared Goff on the play, allowing Whitehead to make the play.
- ILB Lavonte David added a second interception for the Buccaneers in the second quarter, snatching his first pick of the season and returning it 26 yards to put Tampa Bay’s offense in position for its third touchdown of the game. David now has 11 interceptions in his career. He surpassed Dave Lewis for the second-most interceptions by a linebacker in franchise history.
- WR Chris Godwin notched the second multi-touchdown game of his career, hauling in 12 receptions for 172 yards and two touchdowns. His last game with multiple touchdown receptions came on 12/30/18 vs. Atlanta. Godwin’s 12 receptions and 172 yards receiving both marked career highs for the third year wideout.
MOST RECEPTIONS IN A GAME - (Team History)
Rank Player, Date-Opponent Receptions
1t. Earnest Graham, 10/21/07 at DET 13
1t. James Wilder, 09/15/85 vs. MIN 13
3t. Chris Godwin, 09/29/19 at LAR 12
3t. Warrick Dunn, 11/18/01 vs. CHI 12
3t. Keyshawn Johnson, 11/18/01 vs. CHI 12
In the first half alone, Godwin made nine receptions for 125 yards and two touchdowns. His nine receptions were the most by a Buccaneers player in a single half since at least 1991 and the 125 yards receiving were the sixth-most in franchise history for a single half since at least 1991.
MOST SINGLE HALF RECEPTIONS - (Since at least 1991)
Rank Player, Date-Opponent (Half) Receptions
1. Chris Godwin, 09/29/19 at LAR (1st) 9
2t. Joey Galloway, 10/16/05 vs. MIA (1st) 8
2t. Warrick Dunn, 11/18/01 vs. CHI (2nd) 8
4. Many Players Tied 7
MOST SINGLE HALF RECEIVING YARDS - (Since at least 1991)
Rank Player, Date-Opponent (Half) Rec. Yards
1. Vincent Jackson, 10/21/12 vs. NO (2nd) 183
2. Joey Galloway, 12/02/07 at NO (1st) 148
3t. Mike Evans, 09/22/19 vs. NYG (1st) 146
3t. Jacquez Green, 11/14/99 vs. KC (2nd) 146
5. Mike Evans, 11/16/14 at WAS (2nd) 140
6. Chris Godwin, 09/29/19 at LAR (1st) 125
7. Charles Wilson, 12/11/94 vs. LAR (1st) 124
8. Antonio Bryant, 12/08/08 at CAR (2nd) 122
9. Mike Evans, 12/17/15 at STL (2nd) 121
10. Keyshawn Johnson, 10/14/01 at TEN (2nd) 119
- RB Ronald Jones picked up his first touchdown of the season, and second of his career, scoring on a five-yard run with 52 seconds remaining in the first half. Jones finished as the team’s leading rusher, taking 19 carries for 70 yards rushing.
-DL William Gholston recorded his first sack of the season, taking down Goff for a 10-yard loss in the third quarter. Gholston now has 11.0 career sacks.
- K Matt Gay hit a career-long 58-yard field goal to extend the Buccaneers lead to 31-20 with 4:38 remaining in the third quarter. The 58-yarder is tied for the third-longest field goal made in Buccaneers history.
LONGEST FIELD GOALS MADE - (Team History)
Rank Player, Date-Opponent FG Length
1. Matt Bryant, 10/22/06 vs. PHI 62
2. Chandler Catanzaro, 10/21/18 vs. CLE 59
3t. Matt Gay, 09/29/19 at LAR 58
3t. Kyle Brindza, 09/27/15 at HOU 58
5. Connor Barth, 09/30/12 vs. WAS 57
According to NFL Research, today’s Buccaneers vs. Rams game is the first game in the Super Bowl era in which both teams converted a field goal of at least 58 yards.
- OLB Shaquil Barrett picked off Goff in the third quarter – the Buccaneers third interception of the game – recording his first-career interception.
- TE Cameron Brate secured his first touchdown reception of the season to give the Buccaneers a 38-20 lead in the fourth quarter. Brate now has 24 career touchdown receptions, tying him with Dave Moore for the seventh-most in team history.
- WR Mike Evans hauled in a 67-yard touchdown reception with 11:35 remaining in the game, recording the Buccaneers longest pass play since Evans’ 72-yard touchdown grab at Cincinnati on 10/28/18. The 67-yard completion was the third-longest reception of Evans’ career.
- QB Jameis Winston finished 28-of-41 for 385 yards and four touchdowns, earning a 120.5 passer rating. Winston threw for three-plus touchdown passes in consecutive games for the first time in his career. He also became just the second Buccaneers passer to throw for 375-plus yards in consecutive games (Ryan Fitzpatrick, 9/9/18 at New Orleans-9/24/18 vs. Pittsburgh).
- OLB Shaquil Barrett sealed the game with a sack fumble of Goff in the fourth quarter that was returned for a touchdown by DL Ndamukong Suh. With the sack, Barrett has 9.0 sacks on the season, which ties him for the most sacks through four games in NFL history (Mark Gastineau, 1984; Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila, 2001; Kevin Greene, 1998). Barrett now has three forced fumbles on the season to lead the team.
- The fumble recovery was the sixth of Suh’s career and his second returned for a touchdown. The fumble returned for a touchdown was the first for Tampa Bay since Justin Evans returned a fumble in the end zone on 9/8/18 at the New Orleans Saints. Suh’s other fumble returned for a touchdown was with Detroit on 10/31/10 when he returned a fumble 17 yards for a score vs. Washington.