TV: NFL Network (1:00 PM ET): Rich Eisen, Nate Burleson, Joe Thomas, Melissa Stark (field reporter) NATIONAL RADIO: Westwood One: Brandon Gaudin, Jason Taylor, James Laurinaitis (field reporter) SIRIUS: 108 (Hou), 83 (TB) | XM: 225 (Hou), 226 (TB)
• QB JAMEIS WINSTON passed for career-high 458 yards & 4 TDs vs. INT for 124.9 rating in Week 15. Became 1st QB with 450+ pass yards in consecutive games in NFL history. Is 3rd QB (DREW BREES & PEYTON MANNING in 2013) with 5+ games (5) of 375+ pass yards in single season in NFL history. Aims for his 6th in row at home with 300+ pass yards. Leads NFL with 4,573 pass yards & ranks 2nd with 30 TD passes, both TB single-season franchise records.
• RB RONALD JONES has 50+ scrimmage yards in 2 of his past 3 at home. RB PEYTON BARBER had 2 TDs (1 rush, 1 rec.) in his past 3 at home.
• WR BRESHAD PERRIMAN set career highs in rec. yards (113) & TD catches (3) in Week 15. Aims for his 3rd in row with rec. TD. TE O.J. HOWARD has 60+ rec. yards in 2 of his past 3. Aims for his 4th in row with 4+ catches.
• LB SHAQUIL BARRETT leads NFL with 16.5 sacks, tied with HOFer WARREN SAPP (2000) for most by TB player in single season since 1982. Aims for his 5th in row with sack. LB LAVONTE DAVID had 8 tackles & FF last week. Is only player with 20+ FFs (20) & 10+ INTs (10) since 2013. Rookie LB DEVIN WHITE had 2nd-career FR in Week 15. Is 1 of 3 LBs (DE’VONDRE CAMPBELL & FRED WARNER) with 75+ tackles (78), 3+ FFs (3) & 2+ sacks (2.5) in 2019. Rookie SEAN MURPHY-BUNTING had 70-yard INT-TD last week, his 1st career TD.
• QB DESHAUN WATSON completed 19 of 27 passes (70.4 pct.) for 243 yards with 2 TDs vs. 2 INTs for 92.1 rating last week. Joined HOFer STEVE YOUNG as only QBs with 25+ TD passes & 5+ rush TDs in multiple seaons in NFL history. Has 2+ TD passes & 90+ rating in 3 of past 4. Has 10 TDs (8 pass, 2 rush) vs. INT for 122.5 rating in 3 career games vs. NFC South.
• RB CARLOS HYDE rushed for team-high 104 yards & TD last week. Aims for 3rd in row on road with rush TD. Has 100+ rush yards in 2 of past 3 on road. Leads team with 1,030 rush yards, his 1st-career 1,000-yard season. RB DUKE JOHNSON has career-high 394 rush yards in 2019. Since entering NFL in 2015, ranks 2nd among RBs in rec. yards (2,523).
• WR DEANDRE HOPKINS had 6 catches for 119 yards last week. Aims for 3rd in row with 115+ rec. yards. Had 8 catches for 101 yards & TD in last meeting. Has 17 catches for 268 yards (134 per game) & 2 TDs in his past 2 on road vs. NFC South. Needs catch to join ANDRE JOHNSON as only players in franchise history with 100+ catches in consecutive seasons. WR KENNY STILLS had 2 TD catches last week. Had 7 catches for 180 yards & TD in his last game vs. TB (11/19/17 with Mia.). Has rec. TD in 2 of his past 3 vs. NFC South.
• LB ZACH CUNNINGHAM had 14 tackles & half a sack last week. Aims for 3rd in row with 14+ tackles. LB WHITNEY MERCILUS had 2nd INT of season in Week 15. Has sack in 2 of past 3 vs. NFC South.
Back in the Day
On November 13, 2011, Texans WR Jacoby Jones caught an 80-yard touchdown from QB Matt Schaub on the game’s first offensive snap, helping playoff-bound Houston to a 37-9 win over Tampa Bay.
LEADER: Texans lead all-time series, 3-1
STREAKS: Texans have won past 3
LAST GAME: 9/27/15: Buccaneers 9 at Texans 19
LAST GAME AT SITE: 11/13/11: Texans 37, Buccaneers 9