BUCCANEERS POSTGAME NOTES
- RB Ronald Jones II made his first career start, scoring his third rushing touchdown of the season on the opening drive. Jones finished with 67 yards rushing on 18 carries.
- WR Breshad Perriman scored his first touchdown as a member of the Buccaneers with 48 seconds remaining in the opening quarter, grabbing a deflected pass in the end zone for his sixth-career touchdown catch. He finished with four receptions for a season-best 42 yards receiving.
- WR Mike Evans led the team in receiving, topping 100 yards receiving for the second-straight game, hauling in 12 receptions for 180 yards and 1 touchdown. He has now gone over 100 yards receiving three times this season and 24 times in his career, giving him nine more 100-yard performances than any other player in team history (Mark Carrier - 15).
- Evans is now the first player in franchise history to post back-to-back games with 150-or-more receiving yards, the first player in team history to record 175+ yards in consecutive games. He is the first player across the NFL to record 175-plus yards receiving in back-to-back games since 2014 (ATL WR Julio Jones, 11/30/14 vs. ARZ-12/8/14 at GB).
- Evans joined James Wilder (11/25/84 vs. LAR-12/2/84 vs. GB) as the only players in team history to record consecutive games with at least 10 receptions.
- WR Chris Godwin added 61 yards receiving on seven receptions, giving him 766 yards on 54 receptions through eight games.
- Evans and Godwin’s 2019 performances have placed each of them inside the top five for receiving yards, receiving touchdowns and receptions through eight games in team history.
MOST RECEIVING YARDS THROUGH EIGHT GAMES - (Team History)
Rank Player (Season) Rec. Yards
1. Mike Evans (2019) 842
2. Mike Evans (2018) 786
3. Chris Godwin (2019) 766
4t. Mike Evans (2016) 745
4t. Keyshawn Johnson (2001) 745
MOST RECEIVING TOUCHDOWNS THROUGH EIGHT GAMES - (Team History)
Rank Player (Season) Receiving TD
1. Mike Evans (2016) 8
2. Mike Evans (2019) 7
3t. Chris Godwin (2019) 6
3t. Vincent Jackson (2012) 6
3t. Joey Galloway (2005) 6
3t. Bruce Hill (1988) 6
MOST RECEPTIONS THROUGH EIGHT GAMES - (Team History)
Rank Player (Season) Receptions
1. Keyshawn Johnson (2001) 59
2. Mike Evans (2016) 55
3. Chris Godwin (2019) 54
4. Mike Evans (2019) 50
5t. Mike Evans (2018) 47
5t. James Wilder (1982) 47
- OLB Shaquil Barrett combined with DL Beau Allen for a second-quarter sack of Seahawks QB Russell Wilson. Barrett has a team-leading 10.5 sacks on the season (24.5 career) while Allen got into the sack column for the first time this season (2.5 career). On the following play, OLB Jason Pierre-Paul and ILB Devin White brought down Wilson for the second sack of the game. Pierre-Paul stands at 1.5 sacks on the year (72.5 career), while White got credited for the first half-sack of his rookie season.
- White led the team with a season-best 12 tackles to go along with his two forced fumbles, two quarterback hits and half-sack. White’s 12 tackles are tied for the fifth-most by a Buccaneers rookie since 2010.
MOST SINGLE-GAME TACKLES BY A ROOKIE SINCE 2010 (Team History)
Rank Player (Opponent, Date) Tackles
1. Lavonte David (at OAK, 11/4/12) 16
2t. Kendell Beckwith (vs. NE, 10/5/17) 14
2t. Lavonte David (vs. SD, 11/11/12) 14
2t. Lavonte David (vs. WAS, 9/30/12) 14
5. Devin White (at SEA, 11/3/19) 12
- With under one minute remaining in the first half, RB T.J. Logan returned a kick 39 yards for Tampa Bay – the longest kick return for the Buccaneers since Jacquizz Rodgers recorded a 45-yard return vs. Atlanta on 12/18/17.
- ILB Lavonte David brought down Wilson in the third quarter for Tampa Bay’s third sack of the game, recording his first of the season. David has 22.5 sacks in his NFL career.
- K Matt Gay knocked through a 41-yard field goal in the third quarter and later connected on a 45-yard try. He is now 9-of-11 on field goals over 40 yards in his rookie season.
- QB Jameis Winston finished 29-of-44 for 335 yards and two touchdowns. His 16 touchdown passes are tied for the third-most through eight games in franchise history.
MOST TOUCHDOWN PASSES THROUGH EIGHT GAMES - (Team History)
Rank Player (Season) TD Passes
1t. Ryan Fitzpatrick (2018) 17
1t. Jameis Winston (2016) 17
3t. Josh Freeman (2012) 16
3t. Brad Johnson (2003) 16
3t. Jameis Winston (2019) 16
In addition, with 2,407 passing yards, Winston has thrown for the most yards through eight games by any Buccaneers quarterback in franchise history.
MOST PASSING YARDS THROUGH EIGHT GAMES - (Team History)
Rank Player (Season) Passing Yards
1. Jameis Winston (2019) 2,407
2. Brad Johnson (2003) 2,070
3. Vincent Testaverde (1988) 2,062
4. Josh Freeman (2012) 2,047
5. Jameis Winston (2016) 2,037
- With 11:42 remaining in the game, Buccaneers ILB Devin White forced a fumble that was recovered by S Jordan Whitehead. White has two career forced fumbles – both recorded today – while Whitehead picked up his first career fumble recovery.
- In the fourth quarter, TE Tanner Hudson recorded his first career catch, a 12-yard reception on third down.
- The 230 points through the first eight games of the season are the most by a Buccaneers team in franchise history.
MOST POINTS SCORED GAMES 1-8 - (Team History)
Rank Season Points
1. 2019 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 230
2. 2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 229
3. 2012 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 226
4. 2000 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 205
5. 2015 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 181
Entering Week 9, the Buccaneers led the league in rushing yards allowed as a defense. Through the team’s eighth game of the season, the 2019 Buccaneers defense has held its opponents to the third-fewest rushing yards through eight games in team history.
FEWEST RUSHING YARDS ALLOWED GAMES 1-8 - (Team History)
Rank Season Rush Yds Allowed
1. 2005 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 607
2. 2012 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 618
3. 2019 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 625
4. 1998 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 652
5. 1999 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 662