BUCCANEERS POSTGAME NOTES
- ILB Lavonte David started his 114th career game today, surpassing LB Shelton Quarles (113 starts from1997-2006) for the 10th-most starts in team history.
- RB Ronald Jones II scored his fourth rushing touchdown of the season and the fifth of his career, rushing for seven yards up the middle with 3:46 remaining in the opening quarter. Jones finished with 29 yards rushing on 11 carries. In addition, Jones set career highs with seven receptions for 77 yards.
- OLB Shaquil Barrett added to his team-leading sack total, bringing down Kyler Murray to give him 11.5 on the season and 25.5 in his career. Barrett’s 11.5 sacks are the 10th-most in a single season in team history and marked the most by a Buccaneers player through nine games (Simeon Rice, 11.0 in 2003). In addition to the sack, Barrett had two tackles for loss, extending his team-high season total to 11.
MOST SACKS THROUGH NINE GAMES - (Team History)
Rank Player (Season) Sacks
1. Shaquil Barrett (2019) 11.5
2. Simeon Rice (2003) 11.0
3. Warren Sapp (2000) 10.5
4. Marcus Jones (2000) 10.0
5. Santana Dotson (1992) 9.0
- DL Ndamukong Suh tacked on another Buccaneers’ sack later in the second quarter, pushing his season total to 1.5 and his career total to 57.5.
- TE O.J. Howard made a 10-yard touchdown reception with eight seconds remaining in the first half. The touchdown was his first of the season and the 12th of his NFL career. Howard finished with four receptions for 47 yards.
- K Matt Gay went 3-of-3 on field goal attempts in the game, converting from 30, 41 and 45 yards. Gay is 11-of-13 on field goals over 40 yards this season and 19-of-22 overall. His 11 field goals of 40-plus yards are tied for the most by a rookie kicker in franchise history (Patrick Murray - 11, 2014).
- ILB Lavonte David recorded a forced fumble after swiping it away from Cardinals RB David Johnson with 1:19 remaining in the third quarter. The forced fumble and fumble recovery were each his first of the year. David has 19 career forced fumbles and 14 career fumble recoveries in his career. David tied for the team lead with eight tackles.
- CB Jamel Dean notched his first career interception with 3:47 remaining in the game, picking off Cardinals QB Kyler Murray on Tampa Bay’s own 8-yard line. Dean also matched his season best with four passes defensed and recorded his first career tackle for loss.
- WR Mike Evans led the team in receiving, making four receptions for 82 yards. His 924 yards receiving through nine games are the most in team history.
- WR Chris Godwin added 74 yards receiving on six receptions, giving him 840 yards on 60 receptions through nine games, which both rank among the top five in franchise history.
MOST RECEIVING YARDS THROUGH NINE GAMES - (Team History)
Rank Player (Season) Rec. Yards
1. Mike Evans (2019) 924
2. Joey Galloway (2005) 862
3. Chris Godwin (2019) 840
4. Mike Evans (2018) 837
5. Keyshawn Johnson (2001) 834
MOST RECEPTIONS THROUGH EIGHT GAMES - (Team History)
Rank Player (Season) Receptions
1. Keyshawn Johnson (2001) 71
2. Chris Godwin (2019) 60
3. Mike Evans (2016) 59
4. Mike Evans (2019) 54
5. James Wilder (1982) 53
- QB Jameis Winston finished 30-of-48 for 358 yards and one touchdown. Winston has now thrown for over 300 yards in four-straight games, becoming the first passer in team history to accomplish that feat. His 17 touchdown passes are tied for the fourth-most through nine games in franchise history.
- Winston had a 26-yard rush in the third quarter, which is the longest rush of his NFL career.
MOST TOUCHDOWN PASSES THROUGH NINE GAMES - (Team History)
Rank Player (Season) TD Passes
1. Jameis Winston (2016) 19
2t. Josh Freeman (2012) 18
2t. Brad Johnson (2003) 18
4t. Jameis Winston (2019) 17
4t. Ryan Fitzpatrick (2018) 17
In addition, with 2,765 passing yards, Winston has thrown for the most yards through nine games by any Buccaneers quarterback in franchise history.
MOST PASSING YARDS THROUGH NINE GAMES - (Team History)
Rank Player (Season) Passing Yards
1. Jameis Winston (2019) 2,765
2. Jameis Winston (2016) 2,349
3. Brad Johnson (2003) 2,345
4. Josh Freeman (2012) 2,257
5. Ryan Fitzpatrick (2018) 2,199
- The 260 points through the first nine games of the season are tied for the most by a Buccaneers team in franchise history.
MOST POINTS SCORED GAMES 1-9 - (Team History)
Rank Season Points
1t. 2019 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 260
1t. 2012 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 260
3t. 2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 232
3t. 2000 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 232
5. 2016 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 216
Entering Week 9, the Buccaneers led the league in rushing yards allowed as a defense. After holding the Cardinals to 75 rushing yards, the 2019 Buccaneers defense has held its opponents to the fewest rushing yards through eight games in team history.
FEWEST RUSHING YARDS ALLOWED GAMES 1-9 - (Team History)
Rank Season Rush Yds Allowed
1. 2019 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 700
2. 2012 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 721
3. 1999 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 749
4. 2005 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 792
5. 2013 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 862