- WR Chris Godwin got the Buccaneers on the scoreboard, hauling in his fifth touchdown reception of the season, a 26-yard reception. Godwin led the team with seven receptions, 125 yards receiving and two receiving touchdowns. He has 511 yards over his last five games – the most receiving yards he has accumulated in any five-game stretch of his career and the second-most receiving yards ever recorded by a Buccaneers player through the team’s first five games of a season. Through the 1:00 p.m. games on Sunday, Godwin ranks second in the NFL with his 511 receiving yards, trailing only Michael Thomas (543).
MOST RECEIVING YARDS THROUGH FIVE GAMES - (Team History)
Rank Player (Season) Rec. Yards
1. Keyshawn Johnson (2001) 548
2. Chris Godwin (2019) 511
3. DeSean Jackson (2018) 501
4. Mike Evans (2018) 484
5. Bruce Hill (1988) 461
Godwin now has three career games with multiple touchdown receptions and seven career games with 100-or-more receiving yards. He joined Vincent Jackson (10/13/13 vs. Philadelphia-10/20/13 at Atlanta) and Horace Copeland (10/24/93 vs. Green Bay-10/31/93 at Atlanta) as the only players in franchise history to record consecutive games with multiple touchdown receptions. With six touchdowns through five games, Godwin has the most touchdown receptions through the team’s first five games by any pass catcher in Buccaneers history. Through the 1:00 p.m. games on Sunday, Godwin also stands as the only player in the NFL with six touchdown receptions this season. He now has 13 career touchdown receptions.
- The Buccaneers first touchdown to Godwin was set up by rookie CB Sean Murphy-Bunting’s first career interception. The Buccaneers entered Week 5 ranked second in the NFL with nine takeaways through the first four weeks.
- QB Jameis Winston finished 15-of-27 for 204 yards and two touchdowns, with no interceptions. His pair of touchdowns put him at 11 through five games – tied for the second-most through five games in team history.
MOST TOUCHDOWN PASSES THROUGH FIVE GAMES - (Team History)
Rank Player (Season) TD Passes
1. Brad Johnson (2003) 12
2. Jameis Winston (2019) 11
2. Ryan Fitzpatrick (2018) 11
4. Trent Dilfer (2007) 10
5. Jameis Winston (2016) 9
In addition, with 1,371 passing yards, Winston has thrown for the most yards through five games by any Buccaneers quarterback in franchise history.
MOST PASSING YARDS THROUGH FIVE GAMES - (Team History)
Rank Player (Season) Passing Yards
1. Jameis Winston (TB), 2019 1,371
2. Ryan Fitzpatrick (2018) 1,356
3. Brad Johnson (2003) 1,355
4. Jameis Winston (TB) ( 2016 1,327
5. Jameis Winston (2017) 1,259
- WR Scotty Miller recorded his longest play from scrimmage of the season, and the Buccaneers longest run of the game, on an 18-yard rush in the second quarter.
- K Matt Gay connected on a 42-yard field goal with 5:33 remaining in the second quarter. He is 5-of-6 on field goals over 40 yards this season.
- RB Peyton Barber rushed up the middle for a two-yard touchdown in the third quarter. It was his third rushing touchdown of the season and the 12th of his NFL career.
- ILB Kevin Minter led the team with 10 tackles, marking his fourth-career game with a double-digit tackle total.
- S Jordan Whitehead tallied two passes defensed on the day, marking the third game in his career with multiple passes defensed. He also finished second on the team with seven tackles.