BUCCANEERS POSTGAME NOTES
- OLB Jason Pierre-Paul recorded his first sack of the season on his first snap of the year. He has 72.0 sacks in his NFL career. Pierre-Paul finished the day with three tackles, all for loss, 1.0 sack and one quarterback hit.
- WR Mike Evans led the team with 11 receptions for 198 yards and two touchdowns. Evans now has six receiving touchdowns on the season and 46 in his NFL career. His 47 touchdowns from scrimmage surpassed James Wilder for the second-most in team history, trailing only Mike Alstott (71). The sixth-year receiver has nine career games with multiple touchdown receptions, which stand as the most in franchise history (Joey Galloway – 5).
- Evans, who caught eight passes for 190 yards and three touchdowns in Week 3 against the N.Y. Giants, joins Charley Hennigan (1961) as only players in NFL history with two games of at least eight catches, 190 receiving yards and two touchdown catches in a single season.
- Evans surpassed the 100-yard receiving mark for the 23rd time in his NFL career, giving him eight more 100-yard performances than any other player in team history (Mark Carrier - 15).
- Evans’ 198 receiving yards are the fifth-most in a single game in team history.
MOST SINGLE GAME RECEIVING YARDS - (Team History)
Rank Player (Date, Opponent) Rec. Yards
1. Vincent Jackson (10/21/12 vs. NO) 216
2. Mark Carrier (12/6/87 at NO) 212
3. Mike Evans (11/16/14 at WAS) 209
4. Antonio Bryant (12/8/08 at CAR) 200
5. Mike Evans (10/27/19 at TEN) 198
- WR Chris Godwin added 43 yards receiving (four receptions), giving him 705 through seven games – the second-most through seven games in team history.
MOST RECEIVING YARDS THROUGH SEVEN GAMES - (Team History)
Rank Player (Season) Rec. Yards
1. Mike Evans (2018) 770
2. Chris Godwin (2019) 705
3. Keyshawn Johnson (2001) 673
4. Mike Evans (2019) 662
5. Bruce Hill (1988) 650
- QB Jameis Winston finished 21-of-42 for 301 yards and two touchdowns. His 14 touchdowns through seven games are tied for the most through seven games in team history.
MOST TOUCHDOWN PASSES THROUGH SEVEN GAMES - (Team History)
Rank Player (Season) TD Passes
1. Jameis Winston (2019) 14
1. Jameis Winston (2016) 14
1. Josh Freeman (2012) 14
1. Brad Johnson (2003) 14
5. Ryan Fitzpatrick (2018) 13
5. Steve DeBerg (1985) 13
- In addition, with 2,072 passing yards, Winston has thrown for the most passing yards through seven games by any quarterback in franchise history.
MOST PASSING YARDS THROUGH SEVEN GAMES - (Team History)
Rank Player (Season) Passing Yards
1. Jameis Winston (2019) 2,072
2. Jameis Winston (2017) 1,853
3. Vincent Testaverde (1988) 1,839
4. Josh Freeman (2012) 1,800
5. Jameis Winston (2016) 1,776
- K Matt Gay went 3-for-3 on field goal attempts, converting kicks of 22, 24 and 48 yards. He has made 14 of his first 16 field goal attempts to begin his rookie season, including going 7-of-8 on field goals over 40 yards.
- In the second quarter, OLB Shaquil Barrett brought down Titans QB Ryan Tannehill for his 10th sack of the season. Barrett reached a double-digit season sack output for the first time in his career. With 10 sacks through seven games, Barrett ties Marcus Jones (2000) for the fastest player in franchise history to reach double-digit sacks in a single season.
- In the third quarter, S Andrew Adams forced the second fumble of his career, which was scooped up by CB Vernon Hargreaves III for his first career fumble recovery.
- OLB Carl Nassib added to the Buccaneers sack total midway through the third quarter. He has 3.0 sacks on the season and 15.0 in his career, including 9.5 in his last 17 games dating back to 10/21/18.
- ILB Lavonte David led the team with 12 tackles, including one tackle for loss, while adding one pass defense.
- The 196 points through the first seven games of the season are the second-most by a Buccaneers team in franchise history.
MOST POINTS SCORED GAMES 1-7 - (Team History)
Rank Season Points
1. 2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 201
2. 2019 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 196
3. 2012 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 184
4. 2000 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 164
5. 2015 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 163
- Players making their NFL debut: ILB Noah Dawkins, TE Tanner Hudson.