- The Buccaneers scored their first touchdown of the game on a four-yard scoring pass from QB Ryan Fitzpatrick to TE O.J. Howard to end an eight-play, 75-yard drive lasting 3:59.
- Howard scored his second touchdown of the game with 15 seconds remaining in the first half, catching a three-yard score from Fitzpatrick to end an 11-play, 75-yard drive lasting 3:46. Howard now has a team-leading five touchdown catches this season and 11 in his career.
- On Carolina’s opening drive of the second half, with the Panthers facing third-and-six, LB Lavonte David and DT Gerald McCoy combined to sack Carolina QB Cam Newton for a nine-yard loss. That half-sack is David’s first this season. He now has 18.5 in his career. McCoy now has 2.0 sacks this season and 50.5 in his career.
- Later in the third quarter, DE Carl Nassib registered his first sack of the game, bringing Newton down for a 10-yard loss. He now has 3.0 this season and 8.5 in his career.
- Fitzpatrick threw his third touchdown of the game in the third quarter, connecting with WR Adam Humphries on a five-yard touchdown to end a 10-play, 84-yard drive lasting 4:31.
- Humphries and Fitzpatrick connected for another touchdown in the fourth quarter, a 30-yard score that ended a six-play, 79-yard drive lasting 2:22. Humphries now has two touchdown catches this season and six in his career.
- Humphries and Howard are the first Buccaneers teammates to have multiple touchdown catches in the same game since 2010 (Mike Williams & Kellen Winslow, 12/26/10 vs. Seattle).
- Today’s game marked the third time this season that QB Ryan Fitzpatrick has thrown for at least four touchdowns, the most such games in a single season in team history.
- With today’s totals, the Buccaneers now have 2,853 passing yards this season – the third-most by a team through eight games in NFL history. Tampa Bay has 3,574 yards of offense this season, the fifth-most by a team through the first eight games in NFL history.
MOST PASSING YARDS THROUGH FIRST EIGHT GAMES - (NFL History)
1. St. Louis Rams 2000 2,935
2. Denver Broncos 2013 2,868
3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2018 2,853
4. San Diego Chargers 2015 2,695
5. Indianapolis Colts 2014 2,692
MOST YARDS THROUGH FIRST EIGHT GAMES - (NFL History)
1. St. Louis Rams 2000 3,931
2. Denver Broncos 2013 3,731
3. Indianapolis Colts 2014 3,618
4. San Diego Chargers 1982 3,610
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2018 3,574