- Chandler Catanzaro’s 59-yard game-winning field goal is the longest field goal ever made in overtime in NFL history.
- On the opening drive of the game, the Buccaneers forced a Browns punt after DE Jason Pierre-Paul sacked Cleveland QB Baker Mayfield for a seven-yard loss on third down. Pierre-Paul now has six sacks on the season and 64.5 in his career.
- Pierre-Paul has now recorded at least one sack in each of the past five games, only the fourth time in team history that a player has recorded a sack in at least five consecutive games (last: Simeon Rice, six games: 10/20/02 at Philadelphia-12/1/02 at New Orleans).
- Pierre-Paul’s 6.0 sacks on the season are tied for the sixth-most in the NFL this season and his 11 quarterback hits are tied for the seventh-most in the league.
2018 NFL SACK LEADERS
1. LB Von Miller (DEN) 7.5
1. DE Danielle Hunter (MIN) 7.5
3. DE J.J. Watt (HOU) 7.0
4. LB Bradley Chubb (DEN) 6.5
4. DE Chandler Jones (ARI) 6.5
6. DE Jason Pierre-Paul (TB) 6.0
6. DT Geno Atkins (CIN) 6.0*
6. LB T.J. Watt (PIT) 6.0
9. DE Frank Clark (SEA) 5.5
9. DE Demarcus Lawrence (DAL) 5.5*
9. LB Za’Darius Smith (BAL) 5.5*
* Does not include Week 7 game
2018 NFL QB HIT LEADERS
1. DT Fletcher Cox (PHI) 16
2. DE Michael Bennett (PHI) 14
3. LB Von Miller (DEN) 13
4. DT Geno Atkins (CIN) 12*
4. DE Dee Ford (KC) 12*
4. DE J.J. Watt (HOU) 12
7. DE Jason Pierre-Paul (TB) 11
7. DE Melvin Ingram (LAC) 11
7. DE Yannick Ngakoue (JAC) 11
7. LB T.J. Watt (PIT) 11
* Does not include Week 7 game
- The Buccaneers scored their first points of the day when K Chandler Catanzaro connected on a 38-yard field goal to end an 11-play, 52-yard drive lasting 4:26.
- Catanzaro made a 59-yard field goal in overtime to win the game, the second-longest field goal in franchise history and the longest overtime field goal in NFL history.
LONGEST FIELD GOALS
(Regular Season Team History)
1. Matt Bryant PHI 10/22/06 62
2. Chandler Catanzaro CLE 10/21/18 59
3. Kyle Brindza @HOU 9/27/15 58
4. Connor Barth WAS 9/30/12 57
4. Michael Husted @LAR 12/19/93 57
- Prior to the final possession of the game, the Buccaneers recorded their first takeaway of the day when TE Antony Auclair forced a fumble from Browns PR Jabrill Peppers that was recovered by Buccaneers S Isaiah Johnson. The forced fumble was the first of Auclair’s career. Johnson now has two career special teams fumble recoveries.
- On the first play of the second quarter, WR DeSean Jackson scored Tampa Bay’s first touchdown of the day, a 14-yard rushing score to cap off a six-play, 55-yard drive lasting 1:44. Jackson now has four career rushing touchdowns. This is his first rushing score since 2010.
- Later in the second quarter, QB Jameis Winston scored Tampa Bay’s second touchdown of the day, a 14-yard rushing score that capped a 10-play, 75-yard drive lasting 5:22. The rushing touchdown was his first of the season and the ninth of his career.
- Since entering the league in 2015, Winston’s nine rushing touchdowns are tied for the sixth-most by a quarterback.
- Winston finished the game with 365 passing yards, his 13th career game with at least 300 passing yards, eclipsing Vinny Testaverde (12 from 1987-92) for the most such games in team history.
- Winston’s 55 rushing yards in today’s game marks a new career high and the third-most ever by a Buccaneers quarterback.
MOST RUSHING YARDS BY A QUARTERBACK
1. Shaun King @CHI 11/19/00 72
2. Shaun King STL 12/18/00 58
3. Jameis Winston CLE 10/21/18 55
4. Trent Dilfer @GB 10/10/99 47
4. Luke McCown CAR 12/30/07 47
- With the Browns facing third-and-seven from their own 28-yard line, the Buccaneers recorded their second sack of the day, as DE Carl Nassib dropped Mayfield for a nine-yard loss. Nassib added a second sack in overtime, bringing down Mayfield for a seven-yard loss on third-and-three.
- Today’s game marked Nassib’s first career game with multiple sacks and the first two sacks for him this season. He now has 7.5 in his career.
- Cleveland had the ball on the Tampa Bay 11-yard line, facing fourth-and-two with 26 seconds remaining in the first half when LB Lavonte David stopped Mayfield on a scramble, forcing a fumble that went out of bounds at the Buccaneers 10-yard line, short of the first down marker.
- The forced fumble was the first of the season for David and the 18th of his career. Since entering the league in 2012, David’s 18 fumbles are tied for the fifth-most in the NFL.
NFL FORCED FUMBLE LEADERS (2012-18)
1. LB Von Miller (DEN) 23
2. DE Robert Quinn (MIA) 21
3. DE Chandler Jones (ARI) 19
3. DE J.J. Watt (HOU) 19
5. LB Lavonte David (TB) 18
5. DE Carlos Dunlap (CIN) 18*
5. DE Ryan Kerrigan (WAS) 18*
* Does not include Week 7 game
- In the third quarter, the Buccaneers recorded sacks on consecutive plays, with LB Adarius Taylor bringing down Mayfield for a one-yard loss on first-and-10 and DE William Gholston recording a five-yard sack on the next play. It was the first sack of the season for both players. Taylor now has two in his career. Gholston has 11.0 in his career.
- Tampa Bay’s five sacks in today’s game are a season high and the most since playing the Jets in 2017 (11/12/17).
- Tampa Bay got the team’s third rushing touchdown of the game at the end of the third quarter, with RB Ronald Jones scoring from two-yards out to end a 13-play, 73-yard drive lasting 6:30. The rushing touchdown was the first of Jones’ career.
- The Buccaneers had three rushing touchdowns in today’s game. The last time they had three or more rushing touchdowns in a game was at Oakland in 2012 (11/4/12).
- Tampa Bay totaled 34 first downs in today’s game, establishing a new franchise record. The team recorded 31 first downs in regulation.
MOST FIRST DOWNS IN A SINGLE GAME - (Team History)
1. 34 vs. Cleveland 10/21/18
2. 30 at Atlanta 10/14/18
2. 30 vs. Los Angeles 9/25/16
2. 30 at St. Louis 12/17/15
2. 30 vs. Atlanta 12/24/05
2. 30 vs. Atlanta 9/13/87
- With today’s totals, the Buccaneers now have 2,261 passing yards this season, the second-most through six games in NFL history.
MOST PASSING YARDS THROUGH FIRST SIX GAMES - (NFL History)
1. St. Louis Rams 2000 2,275
2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2018 2,261
3. Denver Broncos 2013 2,164
4. New England Patriots 2011 2,103
5. San Diego Chargers 2015 2,078
- The Buccaneers have set new team highs for the most total yards, passing yards and points scored through the first six games of the season.
- WR Mike Evans caught seven passes for 107 yards in today’s game, his 16th career 100-yard receiving game, passing Mark Carrier for the most such games in franchise history.
- Evans now has 591 receiving yards this season, the second-most by a Buccaneers player though six games in franchise history (trailing only Keyshawn Johnson, 610 in 2001).