The Tampa Bay Buccaneers went back to work today after having Sunday off, but were thwarted by the weather for a little bit. Due to heavy rain, the Bucs were forced to move to Tropicana Field for today’s practice. According to Roy Cummings, the Bucs are planning to get a temporary cover in place really quickly so they’ll able to practice at their own facilities in the rain. The long-term plan is still to install a practice bubble, but that may take a little longer.
The practice didn’t really show us anything new, but did get us some nice and pretty plays. So here’s today’s practice recap.
- Jameis Winston and Mike Evans are looking good. Brent Grimes less so. Whether that’s good or bad depends on your perspective.
Video: #Bucs QB Jameis Winston hits Mike Evans for long throw, with Brent Grimes covering. pic.twitter.com/sG4ZI0reKR— Greg Auman (@gregauman) August 8, 2016
- Kevin Pamphile was again absent from practice due to family reasons, per Roy Cummings. He’s missed several days now, so this has to be pretty serious at this point — or really joyous.
- The Bucs still have Jude Adjei-Barimah working with the first-team at slot cornerback regularly, per Greg Auman, so Vernon Hargreaves certainly hasn’t won that spot — not yet, anyway. Noah Spence and Jacquies Smith continue to be the passing down edge rushers, with Robert Ayers moving inside.
- Austin Seferian-Jenkins can still make some spectacular catches.
Video: #Bucs' Austin Seferian-Jenkins goes up like @KKiermaier39 for catch from Mike Glennon. pic.twitter.com/7Rg7tlYiQg— Greg Auman (@gregauman) August 8, 2016
- Daily Lavonte David Appreciation Society Video.
Video: Bucs QB Jameis Winston looks for Cameron Brate deep but Lavonte David is there in coverage to break it up. pic.twitter.com/cOGE3HjJeA— Greg Auman (@gregauman) August 8, 2016