Touchdowns and one-on-one catches, that was the name of the game for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ training camp practice today. We have lots of video in today’s recap, and a few interesting observations.
Here are the notes on today’s Tampa Bay Buccaneers training camp practice.
- Dirk Koetter said that Johnthan Banks is behind Jude Adjei-Barimah as the fourth cornerback right now, which is not too surprising given Banks' poor play last year, and his disappearing act this offseason. I would not be surprised if he didn't even make the 53-man roster.
- George Johnson was placed on injured reserve, with what Jenna Laine reports is a fractured hip.
- It was red zone and one-on-one day, so there were a ton of touchdowns and big plays. A small sample:
Video: Cool one-on-one WR/CB drills in red zone. Evan Spencer gets past FSU's Javien Elliott for one-handed grab. pic.twitter.com/8Qp6QdToAe— Greg Auman (@gregauman) August 5, 2016
Video: #Bucs QB Jameis Winston has pass deflected at line of scrimmage, but Evan Spencer still makes the catch. pic.twitter.com/YvfOTEPAtk— Greg Auman (@gregauman) August 5, 2016
Toe tap. @MikeEvans13_ for 6️⃣‼️ https://t.co/tpgV6kkaUe— Tampa Bay Buccaneers (@TBBuccaneers) August 5, 2016
.@adamhumphries13 pic.twitter.com/SDmsp4tzIy— Tampa Bay Buccaneers (@TBBuccaneers) August 5, 2016
August 5, 2016
- That last one was Austin Seferian-Jenkins making a big catch in traffic. He is apparently still alive.
- Jameis Winston and wide receiver Jonathan Krause were two standouts, according to Roy Cummings. Rick Brown mentioned Adam Humphries, Mike Evans and Cameron Brate.