The Tamp Bay Buccaneers lost to the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday, which means former Bucs defensive end Stephen White is back to analyze what went wrong. He took to Twitter to explain what happened, and you can find the Storify of his Tweets below.
My main takeaways:
- The officiating was awful, but the Bucs need to stop jumping offside as well.
- The offensive line was awful, and Kendall Langford beat Evan Smith and Logan Mankins. A lot. Donovan Smith got abused by Robert Mathis and Trent Cole.
- The Bucs again didn't help Gerald McCoy or the pass rush much with their scheme.
- Jude Adjei-Barimah wasn't as bad as he seemed, the Bucs just gave away the design of their coverage before the snap with Alterraun Verner's alignment, and against Cover 3 those out routes are always open.
- The big plays the Colts got against the Bucs came against a really weird and poorly-designed coverage that just put the defenders in a bind.
Here are Stephen White's full comments.