Stephen White tweeted out his notes on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' loss to the New York Giants today. Insightful as always, you can find the Storify below. I also rounded up a few of the key takeaways for those of you who really hate Storify.
- The defense mostly played well, except for the fact that they kept shooting themselves in the foot with stupid penalties.
- Threatening the double A-gap blitz hurts the Bucs' linebackers in zone coverage.
- Defensive linemen need to stop jumping offside.
- Howard Jones is progressing well even on the plays where he's not making a splash.
- The running game was awful, in part because Ali Marpet was injured early on, though Evan Smith played okay.
- Donovan Smith was good early against Jason Pierre-Paul, but eventually gave up pressure when his footwork broke down again. Smith would be "having a pretty outstanding rookie season" if it wasn't for those few plays where he "seems like he gets lulled to sleep."
- Jameis Winston played well, though he locked on to Evans a little too much, not that he had many other options.