- Mike Evans suffered a minor hamstring tweak while Mike Jenkins was 'dinged' on the same play, Lovie Smith said. Both players should be fine.
- Running back Mike James participated in practice, which means his recovery from ankle surgery is coming along nice.
- Vincent Jackson sat out the day with a tweaked hamstring. He should be okay, too.
- Dashon Goldson is improving and participating more after offseason ankle surgery.
- Lovie Smith noted that they can't put out a real depth chart along the offensive line this early in the offseason with no pads on.
RB Jeff Demps, TE Tim Wright and DE Steven Means got quick, positive mentions in Lovie Smith's press conference. Means was running second-team right defensive end, per Pewter Report.
- "We want to have a lot of fast guys that can come off the edge" - Lovie Smith, talking about Steven Means. A hint as to why Adrian Clayborn was moved to left defensive end.
- Lovie Smith really seemed enamored with Tim Wright's work this offseason, and talked about him as a tight end, providing matchup problems against safeties and linebackers. "It seems like he does something well every day...very pleased with him and all he's done since day one."
- "Perceptions on what's a good coach: the guys guys that scream and yell. My staff and what I'm looking for is stern teachers. That's giving the guys information. When they do something wrong, they give the guys something to correct it with." - Lovie Smith.
- "We're as good as anybody around at the safety position", Lovie Smith said. Mentioned not only Mark Barron and Dashon Goldson, but also Major Wright and Keith Tandy (in that order). Noted that usually they go down to their fourth safety through the year due to injuries.
- The first-team offensive line had Jamon Meredith at right guard and Oniel Cousins at left guard, according to Greg Auman.
Bucs' second-string line had rookie Kevin Pamphile at left tackle, then l-r Jace Daniels, Jason Foster, Patrick Omameh, Emmett Cleary ...— Greg Auman (@gregauman) May 20, 2014
- D.J. Moore and Leonard Johnson were the only players working at nickel corner, per Greg Auman. The Bucs may want to add some depth there.
- No signings from rookie mini-camp yet, but those are likely to come soon.
- Mike Glennon says that Lovie Smith had told him he was the quarterback of the future repeatedly throughout the offseason, per Tom Krasniqi.