Dawson had a four-year playing career as a wide receiver with the Kansas City Chiefs in the mid-1990s, but has since transitioned to the player personnel side of things. He's been the Titans' VP of player personnel since 2012, and has served as their VP of football operations and director of pro scouting before. He came into the business as a front office executive with the Seattle Seahawks in 2001 and in that capacity worked with former Buccaneers scout Tim Ruskell for two years.
Dawson doesn't have any ties to Lovie Smith as far as I can tell, which has been the case for the last couple of candidates since Chris Ballard turned down the Bucs. Dawson joins a candidate list that includes Marc Ross, Lionel Vital and Morocco Brown.
- Chiefs' Chris Ballard declines Buccaneers' general manager job
- Buccaneers General Manager search: Ballard, Brown, Ross, Vital among finalists
- Buccaneers unlikely to hire Chris Ballard as general manager
- Lionel Vital to interview for Buccaneers' general manager position
- Daily Bucs Links: Buccaneers looking for quick improvement