After years of somehow getting people to watch the dreck that is the Pro Bowl as it used to exist, the NFL has finally acquiesced and done something to change it: roster drafts! Except, they somehow messed that up, too. No one cared about the roster shows and the process was completely boring. Booooo. But maybe the game will not be boring. Yaaaaay.
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers only got to send two players to the Pro Bowl, what with Lavonte David being cruelly snubbed, but both of those players will play for the same time. Darrelle Revis and Gerald McCoy get to play for Deion Sanders. And Gerald McCoy gets to do so while playing next to J.J. Watt, Ndamukong Suh and Dontari Poe. That should be loads of fun.
All the nuts and bolts to the Pro Bowl below.
Pro Bowl 2014
Date: January 26, 2014
Time: 7:30 PM ET
TV Channel: NBC
Online streaming: NFL.com/live
Location: Aloha Stadium, Honolulu, Hawaii
Rosters: Team Rice | Team Sanders
Coaches: Ron Rivera | Chuck Pagano
- 2014 Buccaneers Salary Cap: Carl Nicks and the construction of a contract
- Adrian Clayborn and Gabe Carimi should see their 2015 options lifted
- Mike Glennon's statistical splits are really weird
- Daily Bucs Links: Jason Licht is a meathead
- Jason Licht press conference: Sustaining championship success by building through the draft