Mike Williams seems to have left the game after a big third-down catch in the middle of the second quarter. The receiver went down on one knee and walked gingerly off the field. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers were rolling on offense and the receiver managed to come back for a couple of plays later in that drive. On the very next offensive drive, Williams left the game again.
The Tampa Bay receiver was having a big game with four catches for 61 yards before leaving the game. Vincent Jackson has been struggling with drops, and the Bucs have little depth beyond their top two receiver. Eric Page and Kevin Ogletree came into the game to relieve Williams, and Page at least managed a 22-yard catch when he came in.
The Bucs have been struggling to get any production in the passing game over the past three weeks and that is not going to get better without Mike Williams. Josh Freeman is having his best game of the season so far, but his weapons are struggling to help him.
More from Bucs Nation:
- Buccaneers vs. Patriots Inactives: Carl Nicks plays, Rob Gronkowski out
- Buccaneers players-only meeting addressed Greg Schiano's style
- Rob Gronkowski Injury: Patriots tight end very unlikely to play
- Saints vs. Buccaneers: Running and passing against New Orleans - All-22
- Buccaneers release Peyton Hillis, promote Danny Noble