This round of roster cutdowns rarely features surprises, and this year is no exception.
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers removed seven players from their roster to meet the roster limit. They waived/injured Jacob Cutrera, who has apparently picked up an injury recently, and released tight end Zach Miller who didn't play against the Dolphins. WR Terriun Crump, WR Chris Denton, TE Mike Shanahan (signed yesterday), G Adam Smith and CB Branden Smith were released today.
The only real surprise on the list was Branden Smith, who had some hype going for him coming into training camp. He has failed to make a name for himself, however. Jacob Cutrera I would have expected to stick a little longer, but he's been exclusively a special teamer in his career and hasn't stood out this preseason. None of the other names were remotely surprising.
The Buccaneers will have to cut another 22 players before Saturday, 4:00 p.m. ET after the game against the Washington Redskins on Thursday night.
More from Bucs Nation:
- Daily Bucs Links: Spence a bright spot, Freeman the only option
- Bucs Nation Fantasy Football League: Second Reminder
- Redskins vs. Buccaneers blacked out in Tampa Bay area
- NFL Roster Cuts 2013: Projecting the Buccaneers cuts down to 75 players
- Buccaneers Roster Cuts: Michael Smith, Anhtony Gaitor to IR; Bucs cut seven others