- Mike Williams was back at practice after limping off at the end of the previous practice. Presumably that was just a cramp.
- Adrian Clayborn, Myron Lewis and Tiquan Underwood were working on the side, according to Rick Brown.
- Carl Nicks was taking part in "more" team drills, per Tom Krasniqi. Stephen Holder notes that the Bucs are feeling good about the star offensive guard.
- Mike James was practicing with the second-team offense, ahead of Peyton Hillis, per Roy Cummings. Whatever happened to Michael Smith, who was the backup for most of this offseason?
- Michael Smith, Chris Owusu, Kevin Ogletree and Mike James were taking turns returning kickoffs, according to Tom Krasniqi. The Bucs couldn't get a good kick return to save their lives last year.
- Punt returns were part of practice, too. Tom Krasniqi noted Mike Williams, Chris Owusu and Branden Smith as the competitors there. Owusu's getting a lot of attention and could play a decent role this year.
- Tom Krasniqi likes Carlton Mitchell, too, commenting on his hands catching rather than body catching. Good competition at receiver this year.
- Pewter Report thought the defense had a great practice, once again highlighting Johnthan Banks' play.
- Speedsters Steven Means and Aaron Morgan were in at defensive end during the final two-minute drill, according to Roy Cummings.