The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are busy calling every single NFL team to see if they have any interest in Josh Freeman, according to ESPN's Ed Werder.
Of course, after leading what appears to be a smear campaign against Freeman and thoroughly destroying any chance of the quarterback rejoining the team at any point in the future, the Bucs don't exactly have much trade leverage. Not that they had much to begin with.
The Bucs want to get something in return for their former starting quarterback, but the reports that have come out, Freeman's salary and the fact that he has just twelve games left on his contract is going to make it difficult for the Bucs to get anything in return. The Cleveland Browns and Jacksonville Jaguars have already made it clear that they aren't interested.
Maybe they should start handling the dumpster fire that exploded all over One Buc Place yesterday, instead.
More from Bucs Nation:
- Josh Freeman says he has ADHD, entered drug program voluntarily
- If Greg Schiano is responsible for Josh Freeman leaks, he should be fired
- NFLPA "coming after everyone" for leaking Freeman's drug program status
- Monday Night Football Open Thread
- Josh Freeman reportedly in stage one of NFL drug program