2013 roster: Davin Joseph, Carl Nicks, Jeremy Zuttah, Ted Larsen, Jamon Meredith, Adam Smith, Gabe Carimi, Cody Wallace
2012 roster: Davin Joseph, Carl Nicks, Jeremy Zuttah, Ted Larsen, Jamon Meredith, Cody Wallace, Derek Hardman, Roger Allen III, Desmond Wynn
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers had an excellent interior offensive last season with pretty good depth, too. Unfortunately, injuries stopped that line from ever materializing. Pro Bowler Davin Joseph missed the entire season while Carl Nicks missed 9 games. Just getting a couple of extra starts out of either player should make this unit better.
But that's not the only area of improvement. Jeremy Zuttah's a fine starting center, while Ted Larsen is pretty good and versatile for a backup lineman, but Meredith's limitations showed last year. Having Gabe Carimi in the lineup should help there, as the veteran played well at guard late last season for the Bears after failing at tackle.
So did the Bucs improve at guard and center? Yes, if we assume the group will suffer fewer injuries, which seems likely. And yes, if we look at the quality of the backups.
Check out our training camp section for more training camp previews.
More from Bucs Nation:
- Daily Bucs Links - Rookies get chance to earn starting jobs
- Jeff Demps will miss training camp, decide on Buccaneers future by mid August
- Darrelle Revis, Adrian Clayborn, Carl Nicks and Davin Joseph will participate in Buccaneers training camp
- Derek Landri could end up playing a big role for the Buccaneers
- Daily Bucs Links: Salary cap outlook