With rain pouring down, the Bucs still took the field to get ready for Friday's game. While the Bucs have one of the finest practice facilities in the league, they don't have an indoor field or a practice bubble, so if they want to practice during bad weather, they have to practice outside. At least this gives them a natural wet ball practice.
- According to Pewter Report, WR Raymond Webber suffered a pulled hamstring yesterday. Despite being carted off, his injury is not all that serious, although this probably keeps him out of the first preseason game.
- Brian Price, Gerald McCoy and were once again missing from practice (Winslow was at practice). Price and McCoy are still recovering from injuries. Mike Williams did return to practice, after missing yesterday's with an illness.
- Kellen Winslow eventually left practice. It doesn't sound like it was due to an injury. Winslow may simply have decided to spare his knee on the muddy field.
- Myron Lewis left practice as well. That may be a little more concerning.
- With Brian Price and Gerald McCoy out, second-year DE/DT E.J. Wilson was playing with the first-team defense. Wilson seems to be playing himself into a roster spot.
- Erik Lorig was still missing from practice with a sore hamstring. Anwar Richardson seems to think he'll have to miss the Kansas City game, and I tend to agree.
- Tyrone McKenzie is working out with the second team. The Bucs really want Mason Foster to start.
- The offense didn't look as sharp as usual. Freeman was off target a few times, and Cody Grimm dropped an INT.