Training camp continues, with a walkthrough this morning. Here are the main notes from that session.
- Luke Stocker's injury was said to be 'week-to-week' and 'at least one week' yesterday. Seems it has now turned into 'at least 2 weeks' according to Rick Stroud.
- The Buccaneers released longsnapper Aaron Feld and signed rookie TE Jose Cruz according to Rick Stroud. With Stocker's injury they needed another TE in camp. The release of Feld means they either like Christian Yount or Andrew Economos is recovering well from his Achilles injury.
- Roy Cummings reports that the Bucs aren't ready to re-sign Cadillac Williams just yet, and want to give their other young players a chance as third-down options. If they don't look good in the next couple of days, expect Caddy to be back - if he hasn't signed elsewhere by then.
- Arrelious Benn looks like he never injured his knee, according to Rick Brown.
- Rick Stroud expects the Bucs to go with Mason Foster at MLB. That's what I expect, if Foster can show that he understands the playbook in preseason. Draft picks always have a leg up.
We will hopefully have some first-hand reports, video and pictures from this afternoon's training camp session as T-Jack is attending.