Training camp is under way, and reports are streaming in on what players are doing, who's playing where and how they are looking. So, here are the most notable notes from this morning's walkthrough session:
- Brian Price worked out, but started limping before heading to the sidelines notes Rick Brown. He looked out of shape, and the Tampa Tribune noted he weighed at least 350 pounds. Sounds like Brian Price is relatively healthy, but has a lot of work to do before he can make an impact on the field.
- The numbers the drafted rookies are wearing according to Rick Brown: Adrian Clayborn #94, Da'Quan Bowers #91, Luke Stocker #83, Mason Foster #59, Ahmad Black #43, Anthony Gaitor #39, Daniel Hardy #84. Note that earlier, Rick Brown said Daniel Hardy was wearing #88 - Mark Carrier and Jimmie Giles' old number. Also, none of these numbers are entirely official until they're announced by the team.
- According to the Tampa Tribune, Kellen Winslow looks better than everyone else.
- Tyrone McKenzie has been taking first-team snaps at MLB, although Mason Foster took some as well according to the Tribune. Foster and McKenzie should be battling for the starting MLB spot.
- Da'Quan Bowers and Adrian Clayborn were both practicing with the first team, and Bowers looked good, according to Stephen Holder.
I'm so happy we can talk football again.