Pre-Turkey Day version a little bit early, since six teams are going on Thursday. Once again, just evaluating some starts you might be mulling over. Of course, as always, automatically start your Peytons, APs, Larry Fitzgeralds, Aaron Rodgers, Ochocincos, Chris Johnsons, Favres, etc.
QUARTERBACKS TO START
1. Carson Palmer vs. Cleveland. Has top-5 scoring potential this week.
2. Matt Ryan vs. Tampa Bay. Should feast on transitioning Buccaneer defense.
3. Matt Hasselbeck @ St. Louis. Will be on the field often due to Rams' offense getting even weaker without Bulger.
BONUS: Philip Rivers vs. Kansas City. Chargers clicking on all cylinders; facing defense that allowed over 400 yds passing last week to Pittsburgh.
QUARTERBACKS TO SIT
1. Tony Romo vs. Oakland. Struggling offense + gimpy Romo + CB Nmadi Asomugha = go with better option if possible.
2. Jay Cutler @ Minny. Strugg-a-ling right now and will be running from the angry hillbilly all day Sunday.
3. Vince Young vs. Arizona. Zona is a good road team with solid cover corners in Rolle and DR-C. Doesn't bode will for Young to try to keep up with the high-paced 'Zona offense.
RUNNING BACKS TO START
1. Ryan Grant @ Detroit. Typically a #2 RB, but should post #1 RB numbers this week.
2. Marion Barber vs. Oakland. Finally, the Cowboys remembered that running the football is your friend, and MBIII ran it 20 times for 99 yards against a pretty good Washington defense.
3. Jason Snelling vs. TB. Scored twice last week against the Giants and ran for over 70 yards despite the Falcons being in comeback mode for much of the game. Facing Bucs' 32nd ranked run defense. With Turner expected to still be out, if Snelling is still on your waiver wire, pick him up as a very strong flex play or solid RB2.
RUNNING BACKS TO SIT
1. Matt Forte @ Minny. Bears didn't run particularly well on somewhat vulnerable Philly run defense; facing Minny buzz saw front 7.
2. Steve Slaton vs. Indy. Scored last week, but only totaled 10 touches... if he doesn't score, he'll only put up flex numbers... a big risk against a good Indy defense.
3. Tim Hightower @ Tennessee. Becoming less of a factor in the offense as Beanie Wells emerges.
WIDE RECEIVERS TO START
1. Greg Jennings @ Detroit. He should blow up Thursday. Donald Driver also a big play, too.
2. TJ Houshmandzadeh @ St. Louis. Should receive plenty of targets from an active Seahawk offense Sunday.
3. Michael Crabtree vs. Jacksonville. Terrell Owens shut me and everybody else up for one week against that Jaguar secondary...Crabtree should have an opportunity for another solid game.
WIDE RECEIVERS TO SIT
1. Roy Williams vs. Oakland. He'll be locked down by the great Nmadi Asomugha. Look elsewhere for another WR3.
2. Steve Smith @ Jets. Another matchup sit, this time due to CB Darrelle Revis...or at least temper expectations if you can't afford to sit him.
3. Jeremy Maclin @ Washington. Hit or miss Eagle offense facing a tough Washington defense and McNabb has been looking the way of Celek and DJax alot lately.
TIGHT ENDS TO START
1. Kellen Winslow @ Atlanta. Playing very well lately and facing coverage-challenged Falcon defense. Kevin Boss scored twice last week against Atlanta.
2. Jermichael Finley @ Detroit. Finally healthy, likely to get several red zone opportunities on Thursday and was emerging target of Rodgers before injury.
3. Kevin Boss @ Denver. Despite Denver's success at limiting opposing TEs, Boss has earned the trust of his quarterback and has become go to guy when in sight of end zone.
TIGHT ENDS TO SIT
1. Zach Miller @ Dallas. Gradkowski can actually throw the ball to WRs (wow!) and Dallas has done very well in limiting fantasy pts to opposing TEs.
2. Jason Witten vs. Oakland. He's a game-time decision and if he plays, he'll be physically limited. Find a waiver wire replacement.
3. Tony Scheffler vs. Giants. Has become an afterthought in the Bronco offense after exploding onto the scene in Week 6. Will likely be asked to stay in and block more against Giants' upper-echelon pass rush. Find a better option.
DEFENSES TO START
1. Cincinnati vs. Cleveland.
2. Dallas vs. Oakland.
3. Philly vs. Washington.
DEFENSES TO SIT
1. Chicago @ Minny.
2. Pittsburgh @ Baltimore.
3. Tennessee vs. Arizona.
As always, if you have a specific lineup question, post it below and we'll give our takes. Also, don't forget to check the injury report before the Thursday and Sunday games. Thanks.... oh, and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!