Hey guys, did you know Lavonte David was really good?
I know, right. It's a shock. The guy's only played two years. He was a measly late second-round pick. He's undersized, came from junior college initially -- how could he possibly be good?
But man, I guess he is. Because people keep saying he is. I can't see it, though. He's much too small for that. His fellow players and his coaches certainly know he's not good, because they didn't vote him to the Pro Bowl even though the fans did. And now some silly NFL.com writers think he's one of the best under-25 players.
David certainly deserved Defensive POY consideration; he piled up 145 tackles, seven sacks, five picks, 10 pass deflections, 20 tackles for loss and two forced fumbles.
This love affair between David and the media has to stop. He's not a Pro Bowler, guys. Naming him an All-Pro or an All-Under-25 player won't make him any better. Stats? Stats are for losers.
- NFL Mock Draft 2014: Jadeveon Clowney falling to the Buccaneers?
- 2014 Buccaneers Starter Projections: ProFootballFocus weigh in
- 2014 NFL Draft: Greg Cosell talks Johnny Manziel, Blake Bortles and Teddy Bridgewater
- 2014 NFL Free Agency: Is Michael Bennett the perfect free agent for the Buccaneers?
- 2013 Buccaneers word cloud is kind of boring