Update: The Bucs will also interview Giants executive Marc Ross on Sunday, per Aditi Kinkhabwala.
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers will interview both Tennessee Titans vice president of player personnel Lake Dawson and Falcons director of player personnel Lionel Vital tomorrow, according to Ian Rapoport, while Morocco Brown will come in today. Lionel Vital is seen as the team's favorite for the position after Chris Ballard turned down the opportunity to become the Bucs' general manager.
Hiring Morocco Brown would in a way be bringing back some of the old Buccaneers. Brown was mentored in Chicago by former Bucs executive Jerry Angelo, while he's worked under another former Bucs executive in Bruce Allen for the past five years. He's been in the league as a front office executive since 2000, spending his time almost exclusively with the Redskins and Bears.
Lionel Vital and Lake Dawson don't have any ties to Lovie Smith or the Buccaneers, but have plenty of experience themselves. Vital has been a personnel executive and scout since 1991 for the Browns, Ravens, Patriots and Falcons, while Dawson has spent the past 13 years with the Seahawks and Titans in various personnel roles.
The Buccaneers also reportedly want to interview Giants executive Marc Ross and were given permission to do so, but an actual interview has yet to be confirmed.
- NFL playoff schedule 2014: Dates and times for Divisional round games
- Pro Football Hall of Fame 2014: John Lynch, Derrick Brooks and Tony Dungy among 15 finalists
- Buccaneers announce Kevin O'Dea as special teams coordinator, 10 other assistant coaches
- Lionel Vital new favorite for Buccaneers general manager job
- Buccaneers to interview Titans' Lake Dawson for general manager position