The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are facing a disaster on offense. Mike Williams is gimpy with an injury, and now Vincent Jackson has been pulled from the game with a rib injury. The wide receiver is officially questionable to return, but it seems like he is done for the day.
Jackson was hit in the ribs a couple of times to end last week's New Orleans Saints game but was not listed on the injury report. The receiver had a couple of drops against the Patriots before being pulled from the game, and had notched three catches for 34 yards in the first half.
Jackson is clearly the Bucs' top receiver and gave the passing game a massive boost last year with a Pro Bowl season, and has 264 receiving yards on the season in 2013. Despite that, the Bucs passing offense has been a disaster as Josh Freeman has completed just 45.3% of his passes over the first two games for 335 yards. The lack of any pass-catching tight ends does not help, and the Bucs have little depth at receiver.
More from Bucs Nation:
- Mike Williams Injury: Buccaneers receiver returns to game
- Mike Williams Injury: Buccaneers receiver leaves Patriots game
- Gary Gibson Injury: Buccaneers defensive tackle questionable to return
- Buccaneers vs. Patriots Inactives: Carl Nicks plays, Rob Gronkowski out
- Buccaneers vs. Patriots Third Quarter Open Thread