Every team in every sport has a style. A strategy, things they excel at, and things they are not so good at. Looking at the Tampa Bay Buccaneers our strengths and weaknesses from last season are very black and white. Offense we could bomb the ball one game, then turnover city the next, defense we stuffed the run excellently almost every game, having the best run defense, but worst pass defense in the history of the NFL. Although we made the secondary better no oe knows how they'll fare against the some of the best quarterbacks in the league. As us fans look down the schedule, we mark games the Bucs should win and games we will have trouble with, heres a breakdown for each game.
1. JETS. The Jets are arguably one of the biggest trainwrecks in the world of football. Between the media circus and the hideous plays the Jets will be the laughing stock of the league, with a terrible offense the Bucs will shut down, and a spotty rush defense that Doug will tear up the Bucs should easily secure a win. Prediction 24-9 Bucs
2. SAINTS. The Saints presented Tampa Bays hardest challenge last season beating the Bucs in rout one game 41-0. The main reason is because the Bucs got into shootouts with the master himself Drew Brees. As we strayed away from the run game we got stomped. With an increased secondary we should be able to steal one game against the Saints this year. Prediction 34-31 Bucs
3. PATRIOTS. The Patriots are a terrible match-up for the Bucs, with arguably the best quarterback in the league, and intensive game planning the Pats should be able to shut down the Bucs high powered offense and drive the ball time and time again beating us. Prediction 24-7 Patriots
4 CARDINALS. Another basement team the Bucs should thrash easily. As the Bucs will score with ease I predict a blow out. Prediction 35-7 Bucs
6. EAGLES. A revenge match for the Bucs last year. A game to show the improvement in the secondary that got annihilated by new starter Nick Foles. A game to chuckle at, the Bucs should have won, now they will prove themselves against a lowlife Eagles team with another easy win. Prediction 20-10 Bucs
7. FALCONS. Ah a game in Atlanta, even though we always seem to upset Atlanta it wont be in their dome. It will be a closely contested game though as Falcons, Bucs games always seem to be. Matty Ice will have a game winning drive late or in overtime as the defense will be tired. Prediction 24-17 OT Falcons.
8. PANTHERS. Tampa's play toy it seems. The Panthers always have trouble against the Bucs and with a better Bucs team and a Panthers team that didn't improve much I see the Bucs easily taking both games again Prediction 14-10 Bucs
9. SEATTLE. An extremely difficult game for Tampa, virtually I cannot see a positive out come but hey what do I know. I think that Seattle will dominate the Bucs in a easy game for the Hawks. Prediction 24- 13 Seahawks.
10. MIAMI. A completely new Dolphins team. On Monday night as Warren Sapp is getting into the Ring Of Honor, what bigger game do the Bucs have. Not playing the prime-time game in a few years, they surely will want to perform well and I feel we will. An exciting game to the end. Prediction 27-23 Bucs.
11. FALCONS PT 2. A revenge game for the Bucs in good ole Raymond James Stadium, the Bucs can steal one game from the coasting Falcons at this point. Prediction 23-20 Bucs
12. LIONS. A bad matchup for the Bucs secondary, playing against Stafford, and Megatron, the Bucs will lose a shoot out with all defensive schemes tossed out the window for both teams. Prediction 35-30 Lions.
13. PANTHERS. Tampa's play toy it seems. The Panthers always have trouble against the Bucs and with a better Bucs team and a Panthers team that didn't improve much I see the Bucs easily taking both games again. Prediction 21-19 Bucs.
14 BILLS. A question mark game as no one knows if E.J. Manuel is the next RGIII or just a Tavaris Jackson, so only time will tell, but I will give the Bucs the benefit of the doubt. Prediction 17-13 Bucs.
15. 49ERS. Need I say More? Prediction 35-13 49ers
16. RAMS. Another bad match up for the Bucs, an improving Rams squad will look to the air with their pride and Joy Sam Bradford for another Dice up game. Prediction 24-16 Rams
17. SAINTS. As the last game rolls around the Bucs and Saints might be fighting for a wildcard spot as in my predictions the Bucs would be 9-6 at this point, but already beating the Saints once and now playing in New Orleans, I cannot see the Bucs upsetting the Saints again. Prediction 24-14 Saints.