- Vincent Jackson was not at practice, according to Roy Cummings. Jackson was getting a "maintenance day", Mark Dominik told Tom Krasniqi. Greg Schiano said it was a family issue in his press conference.
- Schiano said Clayborn would probably be back next week.
- Darrelle Revis was back on the field, according to Tom Krasniqi. Rick Brown noted that Carl Nicks and Davin Joseph were both stretching.
- Mike Williams and Johnthan Banks were held out of practice, per Krasniqi, but Danny Gorrer did return to the field. Williams wanted to practice, but Schiano said he decided not to push it given that they had a day off tomorrow anyway.
- Adrian Clayborn, Tiquan Underwood, Johnthan Banks, Luke Stocker, Gary Gibson, Zach Miller, Derek Landri, Ernest Owusu and Bobby Sewall were all off to the side rather than participating in practice, per Rick Brown.
- Carl Nicks was taking part in an 11-on-11 drill with live contact. That was a first for him this year, according to Roy Cummings.
- Chris Owusu and Rashaan Melvin showed up repeatedly in the practice tweets. Owusu had a bunch of big catches and two touchdowns, while Rashaan Melvin had three pass breakups according to Pewter Report. They're going to get some playing time this year.
- Mike James continued to get a lot of work, per JoeBucsFan. He's likely to win the backup running back job.
- The front office is impressed with Donald Penn's conditioning, notes Jenna Laine.
- Pewter Report notes that Derek Dimke is putting some heat on Lawrence Tynes. I wouldn't be surprised if Dimke wins the placekicker battle, really.
- A contingent of Buccaneers will travel to Canton for Warren Sapp's Hall of Fame induction, per Rick Brown.
- Chris Owusu continued his strong play with a 57-yard touchdown, according to Rick Brown. He's going to play a role this year.
- Greg Schiano had the losing unit of some third-down periods do push-ups and then...did some push-ups himself? That's what Rick Brown says, at least. And then the reporters did some push-ups during the press conference, says Jenna Laine. Hah!
- The Bucs once again practiced attacking the kneeldown, according to Cummings. That isn't going away.