As expected, the locals will not be able to watch the Tampa Bay Buccaneers take on the Washington Redskins in the mostly meaningless fourth preseason game. The game, which will take place on Thursday at 7:30 p.m., is to be blacked out in the Tampa Bay area.
The Bucs final preseason game of 2013 vs the Redskins will be subject to a local TV blackout.— Rick Stroud (@NFLSTROUD) August 26, 2013
That's hardly a surprise, as the team's first preseason game against the Baltimore Ravens was also blacked out. While there have been reports of strong ticket sales and some hope that most regular season games won't be blacked out, season ticket sales apparently aren't good enough to sell out the stadium on their own.
More relevant will be whether the Bucs' home opener against the New Orleans Saints on September 15 will be blacked out. That will be interesting to see, though the team's lackluster preseason performance won't help ticket sales.
More from Bucs Nation:
- NFL Roster Cuts 2013: Projecting the Buccaneers cuts down to 75 players
- Buccaneers Roster Cuts: Michael Smith, Anhtony Gaitor to IR; Bucs cut seven others
- Buccaneers vs. Dolphins: William Gholston stands out
- NFL Roster Cuts 2013: Buccaneers have to cut 15 players by Tuesday
- Daily Bucs Links: Schiano not discouraged by offense