The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are bringing some veteran kickers in for tryouts on Thursday, according to Alex Marvez. Marvez names David Buehler, Dan Carpenter and Rian Lindell as those players who may get the opportunity to compete for the kicking job.
The Bucs brought in Lawrence Tynes earlier this offseason after Connor Barth was lost for the season with an Achilles Injury. Tynes has been struggling with an ingrown toenail, however. It seems weird foot injuries are all the rage with the Bucs. Tynes has yet to kick a field goal in the preseason due to his injury.
The Buccaneers have had good production out of Derek Dimke so far this preseason, as the kicker has yet to miss a field goal. But apparently they want some more competition for the kicker, who they're not totally sold on, per Marvez. More competition won't hurt, and the Bucs do have an open roster spot anyway.
More from Bucs Nation:
- Jon Gruden reminds us all why he's no longer coaching the Buccaneers
- Buccaneers Injuries: Doug Martin practices, Carl Nicks has an infected blister and more
- Daily Bucs Links: Demar Dotson looks good
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers 53-Man Roster Prediction - End of Training Camp
- The Buccaneers' pass rush lacks talent, coaching