- Ahmad Black injured his foot yesterday and was limited in practice today, but it didn't seem too serious according to Rick Brown. Schiano noted that it was a minor ankle injury.
- Erik Lorig, William Gholston, Gary Gibson, Luke Stocker and Zach Miller were all riding the bike rather than practicing today per Tom Krasniqi.
- Roy Cummings didn't see Davin Joseph and Carl Nicks on the field at all.
- Steven Means had a minor Achilles injury, but should be fine.
- Jamon Meredith was taking snaps as the starting right guard with Carl Nicks and Davin Joseph both off the field. Roy Cummings thinks he may have missed a few workouts. Schiano confirmed that he was dealing with a family issue.
- Meanwhile, Cody Wallace was in with the starting offense at left guard, per Roy Cummings. Ahead of Ted Larsen, then?
- Cody Grimm was working with the first-team defense with Mark Barron and Ahmad Black dinged up, per JoeBucsFan (said it was Goldson who was out, but later clarified it was Barron). Grimm's the backup strong safety, so that makes sense.
- Schiano had some praise for Dekoda Watson, his 'fire' and his improved understanding of the defense.
- The Bucs spent most of their time on individual drills and fundamentals, according to Roy Cummings.
- JoeBucsFan thought the quarterbacks looked sharp.
- We have a new trick play to complain about: Mike Williams throwing off an end-around. Second time in three days JoeBucsFan saw that.
- Another one from JoeBucsFan: the practice was crisp and intense, and he thinks the coaches may have gotten into the players for a lack of intensity.
- Mike Glennon has a tendency to overthrow receivers, according to Roy Cummings. That sounds familiar.
- The Bucs have most of their second- and third-down offense installed, Schiano said. They're putting an extra focus on two minute situations on both sides of the ball.