Another day of OTAs in the books, and another bunch of observations from various writers. JoeBucsFan and Tom Krasniqi put up their observations on the internet, so I'd advise you to go check them out to get the full story. I've picked up a few of the more notable stories with some notes of my own below.
Keep in mind that it's still early in the offseason and you can't draw too many conclusions from a few practices with no contact.
- David Douglas seems to be making an impact at receiver. JoeBucsFan pointed him out as "making a splash", while he was one of the five receivers Greg Schiano mentioned in his press conference when asked about competition at wide receiver.
- Tom Krasniqi notes that Ted Larsen lined up at left guard while Cody Wallace was at right guard with both Davin Joseph and Carl Nicks still recovering from injuries. Jamon Meredith had played at guard in previous OTAs, but was the second team left tackle on Tuesday. Meredith played some decent football at right guard last season, but had previously mainly played tackle in the NFL.
- Chris Owusu beat Johnthan Banks on a deep play, notes Tom Krasniqi, while JoeBucsFan writes about a few more big plays from the second-year receiver. Owusu has shown up repeatedly in offseason workouts this offseason and seems likely to make the team and contribute this season.
- Neither Josh Freeman nor Mike Glennon appeared to have a good day, with JoeBucsFan noting more bad than good plays. JoeBucsFan is especially scathing of a Freeman interception after he was flushed to his left, and noted several issues with short throws.
- Steven Means appears to be doing a good job in pass-rush drills, as his name comes up a few times every time there's an OTA write-up. But with no contact allowed, it's a little early to say much about any pass-rusher.
- Keith Tandy, Johnthan Banks, Keith Tandy, Mark Barron all got their hands on passes, according to JoeBucsFan.