There were no reported injuries today. So far the Buccaneers have been ridiculously healthy, although we haven't gotten an update on the players recovering from injury.
On illegal contact
Greg Schiano said that they were within permissible rules "99.9%", with only the one Akeem Spence play breaking those rules. He doesn't believe it will be an issue.
- Cody Grimm had an interception and two pass breakups against Mike Glennon, according to Roy Cummings. That's good timing after a report came out yesterday that he had been arrested for public intoxication twice this year.
Greg Schiano's press conference
- Schiano sees Kevin Ogletree as a versatile player who can play both in- and outside, likes the competition at receiver with Tiquan Underwood.
- Dashon Goldson was not at practice. OTAs are not mandatory. Schiano declined to say why Goldson was absent, but did note that he knew why.
- Schiano was complementary of Donald Penn and his weight, said that he has grown as a player the past year and played well.
- When asked about Eric Wright he referenced competition. Wright is presumably competing with Johnthan Banks and Leonard Johnson.
- Schiano likes Aaron Morgan, a defensive end with real burst. He flashed as an edge rusher last season on tape, I thought.
- Schiano has talked to Grimm, referenced yesterday's statement. He's disappointed.
- They Buccaneers still looking to get Darrelle Revis ready for the season, with training camp and preseason merely a tool to get him there.