It seems like people either hate or love the idea of Revis coming to the Bucs because they have a preconceived notion of what it would cost. I think the reality is if he was available for cheap everyone would want him. I don't think anyone is saying it would be horrible to have him on the field on Sundays the question is how much are you willing to give up for him in compensation for trade and salary.
Tried to copy these options into a poll hope it works:
1. Current Asking Price: Jets
want multiple 1st rounds and he wants to be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL so 17 mil per year (M. Williams got 6 yrs 100 million last year)
2. Give Jets less but pay Revis: Give Jets a single 1st rounder and pay him 17 mil per year
3. Give Jets less and pay Revis less: Give Jets single 1st rounder and pay Revis 12-14 mil per year
4. Probably best possible deal: Give Jets a 2nd and/or 3rd rounder and pay Revis 12-14 mil per year
5. I don't want him at any cost
I don't see any reason the Jets would take less then a 3rd rounder for Revis they would be better off keeping him and there is no way a healthy Revis takes less then 13 million dollar per year on a new deal next year.
So how high are you willing to go to get him. I think options 1 and 2 are absolutely ridiculous and would hurt our team long term. I hope we don't trade for him but if we could work out #4 as an option I would be happy with it. Anything higher is too much in my opinion.
So what do you guys think?
Content provided by a member of Bucs Nation and does not necessarily reflect the view or opinions of Bucs Nation.