The Tampa Bay Buccaneers will have a fully healthy and active defense today against the Carolina Panthers, as Adam Schefter reports that Darrelle Revis will play. Revis was forced to leave last week's game with a groin injury, and Johnthan Banks did a decent job filling in for him and covering Calvin Johnson. Banks won't have to do that this week and Darrelle Revis will get to try to stop Steve Smith again, who managed just four catches for 42 yards last time these two teams met, with none of those catches coming against Revis in man coverage.
Schefter also reported that DeAngelo Williams is "very doubtful" for today's game, but the Panthers will have both Jonathan Stewart and Mike Tolbert to fill in for him in case he can't play. The Bucs have struggled to stop the run over the past few weeks, and the Panthers didn't have much trouble gaining yards on the ground last time. The biggest issue for the Panthers will be the absence of defensive end Charles Johnson.
The two teams face off at 1:00 PM, with the Panthers trying to secure a playoff spot and the Bucs looking for their fourth straight win.
- Buccaneers vs. Panthers: Can Tampa Bay go four straight?
- Buccaneers vs. Panthers game time, TV schedule, online streaming, odds and more
- Saturday College Football Open Thread
- Three ingredients for the Buccaneers' three-game turnaround
- Buccaneers vs. Panthers: Darrelle Revis questionable on final injury report