1) We should have known. We should have realized that even with the Bucs racking up 21 straight points on effective offensive drives and key turnovers. We should have remembered that yes after every Halftime this year our Bucs fall apart because SCHIANO AND THE COACHES GO ULTRA-CONSERVATIVE ON OFFENSE AND ULTRA-PASSIVE ON DEFENSE. We should have known this game was going to be a choke-fest in the Second Half. ALL BECAUSE OF SCHIANO.
2) We had rookie RB Michael James working wonders behind improved run blocking, garnering 150-plus rushing yards.
2c) We had our punter / kickoff guy Michael Koenen make a key fumble recovery that helped the Bucs go up 21-0.
2d) WE HAD JAMES FAKE A RUN PLAY AND PULL OFF A TEBOW JUMP PASS FOR A TD.
2e) And WE STILL LOST IN THE SECOND HALF.
3) Normally the Bucs aren't so good on the West Coast during regular season games, and yet for a brief moment the Bucs were in command of the whole game, in the noisiest house in the NFL.
AND WE STILL LOST.
4) Statistics of the game: Bucs won the turnover battle, 3 (1 fumble, 2 INTs) to zero. Under normal circumstances, the turnover winner wins the game. DID NOT HAPPEN.
4a) Bucs had 200 rushing yards, and a 150-yard rusher in James. DID NOT WIN.
4b) For the First Half, the Bucs went 7-of-8 on Third Down Conversions. Ended the game with 8-of-15, meaning we made only ONE THIRD DOWN CONVERSION THE SECOND HALF. Third Down Conversions is a key indicator of how the offense is moving the ball and making plays and getting scores. What does it tell you that we could barely make any drives work in the Second Half?
FIRE SCHIANO. FIRE SCHIANO. FIRE SCHIANO.
5) One other thing to consider: when the game was on the line, Glennon's pocket protection faltered alongside his pocket awareness. He pretty much SACKED HIMSELF tripping over a blade of grass deep into the Fourth Quarter (ex-Buc Bennett was credited as the closest player). THIS IS WHERE OUR TEAM IS AT.
6a) Did the Patriots run up the score to get a better BCS grade over Philly? Good lord. If I were Pittsburgh I'd be drafting for a defense - all 11 players need replacing - next off-season.
6c) The Jacksonvill Jaguars did not play today, so if any fans are upset that the Bucs are Tanking For Teddy it's the 12 remaining guys rooting for the Jags.
6d) If any team is more disappointed than Bucs or Jags, it's Minnesota. My God. How did they ever get a win?
7) In college football news,there are 6 teams with unbeaten records. I want all six to finish the year out unbeaten, so that the BCS bull gets called out for failing, because I guarantee every school ranked third to sixth are gonna scream they deserve the right to play for the title. Bring on a playoff system! PLAYOFFS!
8) In hockey news, the Tampa Bay Lightning may be the real deal this year. GO BOLTS.
9) In baseball news, Boston sucks. WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR GO RAYS.
10) Next up: there's a Monday nighter game for Tampa Bay. I know it's a night honoring Warren Sapp, but for the LOVE OF GOD DO NOT HAVE ANYONE SITTING IN THE STADIUM AT ALL. Stay outside tailgating if you want, BUT LEAVE THE RAY JAY EMPTY. Let the empty seats express our hatred of having Schiano on the sideline.
SCHIANO DELENDA EST.
I'm serious. Empty the Seats for the Monday Nighter. We will not be bad fans for refusing to sit for the game. We have every right to refuse to watch Schiano coach. If anybody should be embarrassed by an empty stadium it should be the Glazers.