The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have announced the re-signing of wide receiver Tiquan Underwood, after they released Kevin Ogletree yesterday.the Bucs also added tight end Matt Veldman to the practice squad.
The Bucs elevated Chris Owusu from the practice squad yesterday, which now gives them a pretty extensive group of receivers in Vincent Jackson, Mike Williams, Eric Page, Tiquan Underwood, Chris Owusu and Russell Shepard, with Tim Wright being a hybrid tight end/receiver.
Underwood caught 28 passes for 425 yards and two touchdowns in fourteen games last season, but the receiver was cut during final roster cutdowns this year, in part due to the fact that he does not contribute on special teams.
The Bucs may have a solid wide receiving group now, but with yesterday's release of Ahmad Black and placing Nate Byham on injnured reserve they lack any depth at two other positions. The team has a bye week, which gives them plenty of time to evaluate and add players elsewhere before finalizing their roster for their week six contest with the Philadelphia Eagles.
More from Bucs Nation:
- Buccaneers place Nate Byham on injured reserve, prepare to start a can of coke at tight end
- Greg Schiano denies leaking Josh Freeman's medical information
- Jay Feely says Buccaneers defensive line apologized for rushing victory formation
- Something Fishy is Going on with Freeman Leak Story
- Buccaneers forced Josh Freeman to leave his own suite