Da'Quan Bowers had a walking boot on his right foot in the locker room today, according to Greg Auman. The defensive end has steadily seen his role reduced this year, even though he was expected to earn a starting job. He lost that to Daniel Te'o-Nesheim, despite being the only edge rusher to consistently beat his opponent.
Bowers received just 16 snaps against the Eagles, although that was in part due to his injury. It's not clear when he left the game, but the last snap I could find of him was on the final defensive play of the third quarter. He did not appear to injure himself on that play.
In other injury news, Greg Schiano noted today that Mike Williams should return to action on Sunday against the Atlanta Falcons. The wide receiver missed yesterday's game with a hamstring injury. Schiano couldn't give a timeline on Carl Nicks' return, though, who might need surgery to get rid of a MRSA infection.
More from Bucs Nation:
- Eagles. vs. Buccaneers Snap Counts: Why is Tom Crabtree not playing more?
- Should the Buccaneers fire Greg Schiano?
- Daily Bucs Links: Fire Greg Schiano edition
- Bucs - Eagles: 10 Things We Think We Learned - Go For Oh Edition
- NFL Draft Order 2014: Giants keep first pick as Steelers fall down the draft board