The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have released Kevin Ogeltree, according to Pro Football Talk. The receiver, whose salary is effectively guaranteed, has starred in dropped passes and badly run routes this season after being signed to compete for the third receiver position. Ogletree beat out Tiquan Underwood in preseason, although no one really knows why. Ogletree has 8 catches for 70 yards on the season.
It's not clear who the Bucs are going to sign to replace Ogletree, although in the short term it's likely that Eric Page will get a bigger role as a receiver. A logical player to re-sign would be the aforementioned Tiquan Underwood, who spent all of preseason with the Buccaneers.
The Bucs could also promote Chris Owusu to the regular season roster from the practice squad. Owusu had a very good offseason, but faltered badly in preseason, in part due to an injury. If he were to get another chance perhaps he could show off his impressive physical skillset.
More from Bucs Nation:
- Josh Freeman says he has ADHD, entered drug program voluntarily
- If Greg Schiano is responsible for Josh Freeman leaks, he should be fired
- NFLPA "coming after everyone" for leaking Freeman's drug program status
- Monday Night Football Open Thread
- Josh Freeman reportedly in stage one of NFL drug program