This isnt a mock but more of a draft wish list. To just make things a little bit easier to understand as far as who are my favorites and why. This is in no particular order and these names are mostly guys that are under the radar to some. This list also isnt listing these players as the best at their positions either.
1. Ezekiel Ansah DE- BYU 6-6. Weight: 270 to me he is the most talented DE with the most upside. We need a DE that has the physical skills to become a 10 sack guy on or d-line. Oh and for those that say we dont need a DE guess what? Bennett is a FA and its not a guarantee that he resigns here and Clayborn who has still not reached his full potential either is coming back of a ACL injury. So if that excuse is used for Revis it should be used for Clayborn as well.
2. Jordan Poyer Height: 6-0. Weight: 190. Oregon State I didnt see the Senior Bowl and I heard Trufaunt had a great game. I saw the practices and saw the reviews. I heard Poyer did good as well. I really hopes he falls under the cracks and stays under the radar. He's my favorite CB coming out the draft. Maybe its a little bit of homer in me because I'm a Beaver fan but as I have said before he has a great combo of speed, size, physicality, can play man to man very well, can tackle and blitz and has great deep ball speed. Also he can return kicks and punts and hes a ballhawk. Once he gets the pick he can take it to the house. He doesn't fall for double moves either.
3. Markus Wheaton WR, Oregon State Height: 6-1. Weight: 182. Projected 40 Time: 4.40.
Another Beaver who I love. Dude is the ideal slot receiver who has great hands and blazing speed and quickness. During the practices he was giving all the CB's fits during 1-1 drills. He got Trufant with a sweet double move. Also can return punts as well.
4. Margus Hunt, DE, SMU Height: 6-8. Weight: 280.
Heard he had an ok outing in the Senior Bowl. Hes raw as well like Ansah. I think he will be a excellent pick if we pass on Ansah or he is gone. He maybe able to another 20 pounds and be used like JJ Watt.
5. Kawann Short DT, Purdue Height: 6-3. Weight: 310.
Hes the 3rd best DT in my eyes and I would take him if Louteli and Hankins are gone and we want to get a DT. We would either have to trade down or trade up to the late first early second round. But I dont know. I like him alot and paired up with McCoy and either Clayborn or another RE would be great.
6. Terry Hawthorne, CB, Illinois Height: 6-0. Weight: 190.
Played well in the East West Shrine game. Has a great physical skillset and plays for the ball as Dom likes his CB's to do. Would be a great pick up as our second CB in the draft.
7. Devin Taylor, DE/OLB, South Carolina Height: 6-8. Weight: 275.
Looked like a man amongst boys in the East West Shrine game. If we go CB in the 1st rounds and miss out on Ansah or Hunt he would be an excellent choice for a DE in the mid rounds. Another raw yet physically gifted athlete.
8. Rex Burkhead, RB, Nebraska Height: 5-11. Weight: 210.
I really like this guy. He reminds me of Danny Woodhead alot. Great 3rd down back and short yardage guy.
9. Michael Williams, TE, Alabama Height: 6-6. Weight: 270.
Im convinced we arent going for a TE high. And even we get a TE in FA this guy is a great blocker and has the athletic ability to be a good receiving TE. I heard he did well in the senior bowl as well. Great mid to late round guy.
10. Prentiss Waggner, CB/S, Tennessee Height: 6-2. Weight: 185.
This is my favorite guy in the draft. The sleeper right here. Ive been on him and I am surprised that he hasnt been getting much buzz.. He played in the All Star Classic and got a pick in that game and looked pretty good. He reminds me of another sleeper pick of mines from last year Trumaine Johnson. He can play CB and FS and this dude is a straight ballhawk. To sum it up hes a bigger and faster Ahmad Black. Always around the ball and he will take it to the house when he gets the ball.
Well those are my personal favorite prospect in the draft. Again Im not saying they are the best nor am I saying I want all of these guys on this list. Let me know what you think!