Ok its still early but I have done some thinking and slightly changed my mind on my original mock draft. And Im sure it will change again. But I will give further explanation on each pick and how they will fit our team.
- 1st round Johnathan Hankins DT- We need a better option next to McCoy to make this pass rush do some real damage. Ive gone back and watched tape on alot of games and we really dont get much push up the middle in the pass rush. McCoy gets some heat but he gets double teamed because of the lack of rush from Miller or an undersized DE playing inside. Dominik tried to have an awesome duo when he drafted Price in the 2nd round. And I think he will do it with Hankins. And he will be able to not only spell McCoy but also start if McCoy gets hurt again (knock on wood).
- 2nd round Jordan Poyer CB- Dominik wants a ball hawk who can play man press. He's athletic and physical. He's the best 4th best CB in the draft. We need corners (Witty)
- 2nd round by way of trade of our 3rd round and extra 4th round pick Logan Ryan CB- Rutgers guy, we need corners (Witty) good pick in the 2nd round.
- 4th round D.J. Swearinger FS He looks amazing on film. He has tons of highlights but aslo is sort of a loose cannon. Gets alot of penalties. Im still iffy on this but we shall see. He reminds me of Amrk Barron with more range at FS.
- 5th round Michael Williams TE Big physical TE at Alabama who is a great blocker. Has big size to be a god receiving TE. Im still not buying Dominik gets a high draft pick in the 1st or 2nd especially when the offense doesnt demand much from it unless they really want a great receiving TE.
- 6th round Rex Burkhead RB. Great option for a 3rd down back and short yardage situations.
- 7th round Cameron Lawrence, OLB
Let me know what you think.