All the notes from today's practice.
- Injuries: Aqib Talib was held out, but Schiano said it was going to be okay. Gary Gibson aggravated an earlier injury, but should be good to go by Friday. Derrick Roberson wasn't practicing, per Tom Krasniqi. Michael Bennett returned from injury and practiced fully (he was limited yesterday).
- Schiano said that Arrelious Benn was having a very good offseason before the injury. That would explain his being second on the depth chart despite the injury. On that note, Schiano said not to read too much into the depth chart.
- Padded practices will continue into the preseason, although Schiano will give the team rest before the season opener.
- Several beat writers noted that Josh Freeman was having an exceptional and very accurate day, including Tom Krasniqi and Roy Cummings.
- The same was true for Preston Parker, as Ira Kaufman and Roy Cummings noted he could do more than just be a slot receiver. Cummings also noted that Stroughter was having an exceptional camp, though, so he has some competition.
- On that note, the Myron Lewis hype train continues, and Cummings noted a couple of run stops by the cornerback. Physicality was never his problem, though.
- And even Eric Wright gets some praise, with his best practice yet according to Tom Krasniqi.
- Michael Smith and Preston Parker looked good on kick returns, per Tom Krasniqi.
- Not everything was good, though. There were a lot of drops, according to Stephen Holder, and Cummings singled out Underwood as a particular offender.