Here are all the notes you need to know about today's training camp.
- Injury updates: Aqib Talib was held out of practice with a minor hamstring tweak. Donald Penn is improving but not ready to play, yet. Andrew Economos was on the field and practicing, despite the team signing another longsnapper today.
- Michael Bennett, Amobi Okoye and Eric Wright were back at practice, according to Roy Cummings.
- Doug Martin continued to take most of the first-team reps, according to Roy Cummings.
- Myron Lewis continues to play well, and Greg Schiano noted that he was much improved, tho he does have to eliminate some bad habits per Stephen Holder. Lewis was running with the first team after the injury to Aqib Talib, which would presumably mean he's passed Anthony Gaitor on the depth chart. Roy Cummings noted that he's "coming off the three best days" he'd ever seen a cornerback have in training camp.
- The Bucs ran a two-minute drill with crowd noise, which ended when Freeman took a knee to set up a game-winning field goal per Roy Cummings.
- Gerald McCoy continues to flash in training camp, with an early run-stuff and pressure per Tom Krasniqi.
- Sixth-round pick Keith Tandy and Cody Grimm are the third-team safeties, with Tandy at free safety and Grimm at strong safety, per Cummings.
- Tiquan Underwood and Mike Williams both made some impressive plays, continuing their impressive camps per Tom Krasniqi and Roy Cummings.
- JoeBucsFan once again noted that either the offense is much improved, or the secondary needs a lot of work. I'm going with a little bit of both.