July 27, 2012; Tampa, FL, USA; Tampa Bay Buccaneers running back Robert Hughes (33) runs with the ball during training camp at One Buc Place. Mandatory Credit: Kim Klement-US PRESSWIRE
Here are the notes on today's edition of Tampa Bay Buccaneers training camp. Everything you need to know in one post.
- DE Michael Bennett limped off the field with a trainer, but Greg Schiano noted in his press conference that it was probably just a heat-related injury.
- OT Mike Ingersoll, however, was carted off the field with a left knee injury, according to Rick Stroud. Ingersoll wasn't likely to make the roster, so this injury (if serious) doesn't really matter much for the team.
- Meanwhile, CB Derrick Roberson and DT Gary Gibson have both returned to practice from injuries.
- Eric Wright was back on the practice field and looked fined, says Roy Cummings.
- The Bucs started off with the old-fashioned Oklahoma Drill (1-on-1 defensive vs offensive lineman), with Ted Larsen, Derek Hardman and George Johnson among the standouts, per the Bucs' twitter feed.
- Roy Cummings noted that the top four receivers appear to be Vincent Jackson, Mike Williams, Tiquan Underwood and Preston Parker, in that order. That's the order in which they run drills, and they always catch passes from Josh Freeman rather than one of the other QBs.
- Gerald McCoy had two consecutive tackles for loss in run drills and got some praise for that, per Roy Cummings.
- Doug Martin can fumble too: he put the ball on the ground once, per Pewter Report.
- Ahmad Black was working with the 1st team defense quite a bit, per Roy Cummings. It appears he'll get on the field in some sub-packages during the season.
- Lavonte David had a good day at practice, stuffing Doug Martin and picking off Josh Freeman, per Pewter Report.
- Preston Parker had the ball knocked out by his receivers coach, per Pewter Report.
- Greg Schiano heaped some praise on Mike Williams, Gerald McCoy and Aqib Talib during his talk to the media.